Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hmm...a look for less...

Isn't this a gorgeous cardigan? Bright and sunny and perfect for spring and cool summer nights (not like I would know what those are like here in VA). Found here at j. crew: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/sweaters/cotton/PRDOVR~13195/13195.jsp


Okay...becauseI was on the quest for cheap J. Crew stuff at TJ Maxx last week (sadly found nothing), I looked around quite a bit. I fell in love with this sweater. It wasn't until I got home that I realized it was a lot like the one from J. Crew. Differences? The one I bought is part silk, it is a more muted yellow, and the collar has the ruffled look (kind of like the Tartine from the fall). But since this is the look for less, Dina style, it counts!
By the way, if I could have photographed this in better light, it would have been a better comparison. I think you can see how they look alike a bit better in the pics I took close-up.

Here is the close-up of the tag and the print. How pretty...and how cheap. Only 24.99. I'll take one... :)
So the sweater is by a company called Sarah Spencer. I have no idea where they sold these sweaters originally...

No comments: