Friday, February 13, 2009

What I wore yesterday 2/12/09!


I purchased this Bahia merino sweater last January because I fell in love with the print. This print and the Campo de Fiore print (I have the sweater dress) were so special I didn't mind paying full price for them. (Although I think I got this sweater for 59.99 and not 88.00.) I also own the cross back tank and bikini in this print. I love that this sweater is short sleeves. I feel like it is perfect winter wear for me because I tend to run "hot." The pants are some pair of dockers that are really big on me now, but not so big that I have to retire them. The shoes are the Etta flats in grey and bronze from the Fall of 2007.

I couldn't polyvore this outfit because these items aren't present and I could use their clipper tool, but honestly, I teach, I nurse a baby, I raise a two-year old who has temper tantrums, and I attempt to keep my hubby happy. I will use the clipper when I get a little more time on my hands! :)


Here is a close-up of this print. I know many don't like it because it is garish, but I find the mid-century feel of the print spectacular. I love all things '50s and '60s so no wonder I gravitated to this...

Please excuse how tired I look. I obviously need more sleep! :)

7 comments:

Deco Aurora said...

I think it is a really unique looking print, and you can totally pull it off!

ashley said...

i love that top! its so fun looking! if i saw you on the street wearing that, i'd totally compliment you! :)

btw, you don't look tired, sometimes i feel like i look tired if i don't wear eyeliner. maybe try a little on your top eyelash line... not too much to look so fancy but it will really open up your eyes and make a HUGE difference. try it out! :)

Slastena said...

Dina, I think you look fantastic in Bahia print! Green is perfect with your coloring. I also like your pants a lot!

Slastena said...

Dina, I read your 1st entry when you started this blog and then I did not check back ( so sorry!). Wow, you have an amazing blog!
Your two precious little ones are just that- precious! You family is beautiful( and your brother is very sweet- I hope he finds a good girl soon). I love how fantastic you are in all your outfits- great combos and layeirng. we ave quite a few of the same items and I got many ideas from you!

Hope we can do a girl's might out soon!

dinagideon said...

Mslay--I couldn't get enough of this print last year and am glad I bought a few items in it...in the summer I will wear the tank and post photos (of course)...thanks for the compliment! :)

Ashley...I love eyeliner but find that most mornings I am in a huge rush, but on the days I do wear it (I love the teal colored eyeliner), I do look alert and happy!!!

Slastena...I am so glad you came by to visit...I never in my life thought I would enjoy blogging as much as I do...

I find your outfits inspire me, too! I constantly think...how would slastena put this clothing item together with other items? :)

I hope our kids can meet one day...I have such a good time with them and love seeing them have fun with other kids!

If we can find someone for my brother, I will be forever grateful! He wants to have a family so much...

See you at the next night out!

Alexis {J.Crew Aficionada} said...

I love this print! I actually own the Phoebe blouse (from last year) in that pattern. I think it is so pretty. :)

Unknown said...

The Bahia looks so good on you. I love it for winter w/those cords.