Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sanibel Crawford Blouse on Me, Last Night 2/16/09 (oh, and this is blog entry #50)!

I really should be blogging about my Mardis Gras Party outfit first, or putting pics of my kids up first, because I did those first, but, eh, who cares! Right? :)
I was inspired to wear my Sanibel Crawford blouse for a couple of reasons: 1. I already had created a Polyvore set with it as the centerpiece; 2. A Bigger Closet did a post on it, so I felt ready to go: http://abiggercloset.blogspot.com/2009/02/sanibel-crawford-blouse-revisited.html; and 3. I needed an outfit for a family dinner at Generous Georges (yummy, family friendly pizza place in Alexandria, VA).


Here it is without the jacket. I didn't like the way the blouse belted on me, so I moved it up to a higher place on my waist, fastened it with a safety pin (can't tell, there is a lot of print here on this blouse), and was sort of satisfied. I think I may be the one person who would have needed a tall in this shirt...the blouse hits at my high hip and I would have preferred more length. Overall I love this blouse. I think it is a fun, dressy piece for when you need something nice but not super-fancy. I think I might try this blouse un-belted sometime, or maybe even try it with my wide patent yellow belt. Hmm...
I LOVE THESE PANTS. Golly. I think they make my figure super-slim...and as you all know, post-partum, that is EXACTLY what I am looking for...
The shoes are Target and they are too cute. The plum nicely offsets the blouse.
I have on a headband from J. Crew, winter 2007. I love J. Crew headbands. I hope they continue producing them...

The coat really does look better than this, but my darling husband (who often takes really nice shots) did not have the patience to really photograph me last night. I tend to wear this coat open or with two buttons buttoned. It is the Marie coat from the fall/winter and is made for stick-insects with no hips. That said, I think the collar and collar are gorgeous, so rather than fight the coat...I make the coat work for me. :)

Of course, having CW pose with me usually helps the outfit look better!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

super cute! Love the baby with the outfit! ;)

Jordyn said...

super cute...what are the pants??? since you like them so much (and they are super flattering), I am curious.

dinagideon said...

Hey you both!

Lissa: Thank you so much. I love your babies, too (so precious)! :)

Jordan: They are the matchstick cords in black. I NEVER ever thought that this shape could work for me and it does!!!

Slastena said...

Dina, I can see how metallic threads can be itchy, but they add such a beautiful sparkle to the blouse. And what we don't endure in a name of beauty??Totally love it on you!

dinagideon said...

Slastena: Thank you for mentioning the threads. They do look marvelous, huh? It turns out the threads don't bother me as much as I thought! I wore a short-sleeved top underneath and it was just perfect!

Amy said...

Looks great!!!

Also, I drive by Generous George's all the time- it's less than a mile from my house but I still haven't been there! Is it good?

A said...

This is so so pretty on you! I notice too the threads really show up nicely on photos. :)