Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pop of color...times two!


Okay so the reason I have named my post "pop of color...times two" is because I am not technically wearing this outfit exactly. It is like this outfit, but polyvore does not have the actual pieces I am wearing, so I gave you two for one. (Sort of...)

The outfit from polyvore is a honey glaze star pleated top, a pair of chinos, some beautiful silk patterned flats, the pearls everyone seems to love (target knockoffs and all), and a sweater peacoat that I bought last year after seeing it in the paris catalog (see 2/8/09 for pics of the sweater in the catalog). I think pink, yellow, dark red, and pale tan look nice together. I did the same color scheme with my outfit, just a bit differently, and with no yellow.

Here is the link: http://www.polyvore.com/pops_color/set?id=6453074


So here is my version...star pleated top in pink (whatever J. Crew calls it) in medium, my own pearls from Macys, the Claire pants in white, size 12, and the liberty fabric pointy toe flats from a few years ago (J. Crew, of course).

The top is a medium, which oddly enough, fits in the shoulders (usually smalls do), but is HUGE in the waist. Whatever...I will just wear it with skinnier pants to offset it. I love the color and the material is so soft...

The claire pants are huge...yay!!! I have lost another few pounds, and it is definitely apparent in my pants. I have been hitching them up all day. I think it is time to retire another pair of pants...

The shoes are that gorgeous fabric they did a few years ago. Mine are all tattered and worn, but I kind of like them that way. They still get compliments... I actually bought a second pair on way reduced sale and have yet to bust them out. I probably will when CW is 6... :)

The pearls are my own version of the love of so many JCAs...I could never justify another set of pearls when the ones I own work almost as well.

I hope everyone has a great day...side note...no fighting over at J. Crew Aficionada today! YAY!

3 comments:

Marilyn Alexis said...

Oh that necklace is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your sweet, sweet comment!!! Made my day! :)

dinagideon said...

Thank you, Lexieloo. I love this necklace. I think I even got it on sale...but it has been a LOOOONG time since I bought it!

Lissa: I loved your blog. :) I need to start following it!