Monday, February 16, 2009

Joyce in Confessions of a Shopaholic...

Joyce in Confessions of a Shopaholic is a girl I went to study abroad with in 1995. She is named Lennon Parham and was a theatre major at the time so I figured she would definitely do something in that field. And has she ever. Over the years, my best friend Lynn (who I also met at Harlaxton study abroad in England) and I have kept tabs on Lennon by calling each other whenever we see her in a current commercial, etc. Well on Friday night, I got my chance. A few of the wonderful JCAs of the DC area got together at Tysons to view "Confessions of a Shopaholic." (Wonderful, fun, fluffy movie!) Halfway through the movie, Isla Fisher's character, Becca, goes to a Shopaholics Anonymous meeting, and sitting right next to her was my former classmate from Shakespeare 101 (or something like that), Lennon Parham, playing a struggling ex-shopaholic. Lennon was great as the character Joyce. I freaked out when I saw her. Poor drewablank (DC JCA) was sitting next to me and I believe I almost gave her a heart attack when I yelled for the entire theater to hear..."Oh, my God, I know her!!!" I am so sure the audience cared but for me it was really cool. :)

She is going to be playing a character named Joyce (hmm...) in a fall show called "Boldly Going Nowhere" on Fox. My hubby loves the creators of this show (they also do "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia") and is amused and excited that I know the leading lady. Funny!

Here is the link to her IMDB info:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1004811/


Here is her pic:


Here is a link to Harlaxton College in England (highly recommended for study abroad):

1 comment:

Drewablank said...

That is so soo cool, like your claim to fame! LOL! Oh, well, besides being a JCA, of course! ;)