Thursday, February 5, 2009

The tales of a sick little boy...

Last night was rough. Here's the background...today we have parent-teacher conferences, so if there is any night I needed to get sleep it was last night. And of course last night was the night that I didn't get any sleep. It is all Rex's fault...poor little guy.

He loves to sleep in our bed and will often cry out for us around 1 am and because we are suckers for him, we totally let him join us. Well, last night, he was crying for real...because he was very sick. And we didn't know it until it happened. Any of you parents out there know what I am talking about...yep...little Rex has a stomach virus.

Not two minutes after getting into our bed, he throws up VIOLENTLY. All over our bed, sheets, bedspread, pillowcases, his PJs, even my PJs. And the smell...my goodness, it smelled like a frat house after a all-night beer-pong party. Eww...

So we get out of bed, take off the sheets, put on new sheets, get Rex fixed, etc. Finally we can get back to bed. Now I can't sleep for being all stressed about Rex. I am also stressed because I won't be able to sleep. Blegh.

You know where this is going, right? By the time I finally fall back asleep (around 4 am)...Rex wakes up again...and again pukes everywhere...but thankfully not as bad as the first time. Out comes the towels, out comes a new shirt for rex, and out comes another set of PJs for me. Sigh.

I think when all is said and done I got maybe 4 hours of sleep...down a lot from my normal 8. Ugh. I am doing okay right now (there is a wee break between parents so I can blog) but still...

Needless to say, I did not take a photo of my outfit this morning. I had great plans for my beautiful peacock maggie jacket, but alas, it deserves a better Dina when it gets worn.

Wish me luck. I hope Rex gets better soon...I hate it when he doesn't feel well. :(

3 comments:

Jordyn said...

I hope little Rex is feeling better!! And fingers crossed for you to get more sleep tonight!

Drewablank said...

I hope that Rex is feeling better. I know exactly what it feels like to be that sick....I can just imagine how it feels like for his little body. :( I'll send a little prayer to his guardian angel. And yours as well. ;)

I decided to leave you a message on here re: J.Crew at TJMaxx (too much goin' on over at the JCA page!). I really appreciate your offer, but it's alright. I think it's a sign that I should stop shopping for a while; I did just get my metallic ball Cherie blouse. ;p

Thank you again, and I look forward to meeting you and the other girls at movie night! :)

dinagideon said...

Ladies:

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. As of right now (Friday night), Rex is doing great. It is so tough to see him struggle.

So I did get to TJ Maxx today and had no luck in the J. Crew department, but found some jeans that will look nice.

Yay on the metallic ball Cherie. I was dying for that but even at a much reduced rate still cannot afford it. You should wear it to the movie night so I can admire it!