Sunday, February 8, 2009

Huh, I guess not everyone agrees with me...

So this post is from a defunct (but still on the web) blog. She doesn't care for many of the current (well 2007) J. Crew fashions. She says the last time she bought anything from J. Crew was in 2002, so it is no wonder the way the outfits looked disturbed her so much. She makes a lot of fun of the "prairie" dress that I mentioned from my post about the Paris Catalog (written on 2/8/09). Oh, well, to each his/her own.

http://fakinggoodbreeding.blogspot.com/2007/08/jcrew-outdoes-itself.html

Oh...and I guess I can add not everyone agrees with me in many different places. On the J. Crew Aficionada page (monday...2/9/09...I post drafts a day late sometimes), there was a post war between the "TJ Maxx for people who can't afford anything else"and the "who the hell cares who buys what where" people. There were more people involved in the argument, and it sort of spun out of control to the point of the post was lost...the exchange of goods, weekly. I made a plea for people to stay on task (meaning posting about the weekly exchange and not other random opinions) so that Alexis wouldn't shut down the post to those of us who hunt for items we would like...and I got some really awful responses to my plea. Ugh. I fear for the J. Crew Aficionada site. Soon, if this keeps up, no one will go for fear of dealing with the miscreants making it no fun to be part of this forum. Real shame.

Oh, and the people who posted snarkily back about my comment were all anonymous users. Hmm...can dish it but can't take it, huh?

I did apologize for making so many people angry (in the post...I think I am comment #199), but I doubt it had any effect. You just can't win sometimes! :)

4 comments:

Jordyn said...

Ughhh...I know some of the comments on JCA are just getting ridiculous. And the majority of them are from Anonymous....I try to ignore them but I rarely post on there anymore! The whole point of the post gets lost and people go off on these stupid, irrelevant tangents...so annoying!! (I do LOVE JCA though and I continue to read Alexis' posts daily!!!)

Marilyn Alexis said...

Sorry that that happened. After a while I was apologetic about somewhat starting it, but a few commenters had their claws out and really wanted to bask on people -- including you, which was uncalled for. Sorry that happened.

JustVisiting said...

I just glazed over the comments in that post. It really can get out of hand. I love the site and hope us loyal aficionada's/aficionado's stick around and help to keep it THE #1 site for JCrew information. Also, I know how much time it takes just to peruse all these other blogs so I cannot imagine how much time Alexis puts into her blog. It really stinks some people have to ruin a good thing.

dinagideon said...

Hi you all!

You are the best...I felt I had the power to say my peace here and that the only ones who would comment would be those that truly understand that the J. Crew Aficionada site is for those of us that really love J. Crew and celebrate it being one of our obsessions. :)

For anyone to come onto the website devoted to J. Crew and try to start arguments and name call and use really foul language is horrible...and uncalled for! I am glad you all agree.

I posted on the weekly exchange because at one point I read a post where a lot of foul language was being used and it seemed very hurtful to me. I have no problems with astute opinions being made (that would be what your post was, Lexieloo), but I have major problems with people saying awful things to each other without any thought.

Lexieloo, your comment was appreciated by a lot of people, and you said it with your name out there...

What really got me was all the anon users who were very innapropriate to you and others who tried to defend you. Ergh.

My hubby tells me daily of these people that visit the blogs he goes to...just to raise crap. It sucks that he has to deal with that, too.

Thanks for coming on over. Maybe we can take back the site (JCA)...