Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WHY!?!?!?!?!?! NO MORE GOOGLE CATALOGS! AGH!

So I just discovered the Google Catalog search feature in early January...thanks to some of the posts on the J. Crew Aficianada blog, and decided I would go searching in some of the prior catalogs for inspiration for styling.

I even had BOOKMARKED it...that is how excited I was. I couldn't hold onto every old catalog when we moved last year, so I recycled them. Now I realize my error. It is impossible to find old catalogs anywhere. ERGH. I would have thought for sure you could find some link somewhere to old catalogs. I was wrong.

Turns out that on January 16th (the day after I started this blog), Google would get rid of its catalog search feature. AAAAGGGGHHH! Irritating. So what am I going to do? I know...I know...it is insanely lame that I care this much...but I also know I am not alone in being frustrated.

I solemnly promise to at least scan/photograph old catalogs...at least some of the pages. I will start with my beloved Paris catalog from Fall 2007 and work from there. Anyone else want to join me in my quest to make these catalogs available on-line? Or does anyone know where the catalogs are stored on-line and I am just kinda stupid because I haven't discovered it?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Here is the link to why Google catalogs is gone:
http://blog.newsok.com/thebusiness/2009/01/16/goodbye-google-catalogs/

No comments: