Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Let's see if I can make an outfit for work that I will wear to walk home later...


So I am faced with this dilemma a lot--what to wear that will look nice (enough) and will still be okay for a walk home (I sweat). My answer today was to wear my faves, the J. Crew Matchstick cords in black, the lovely gold-striped (not the one in the polyvore) tee from Winter 2007, the warm and beautifully colored merino Lea cardigan, and the scattered-boule necklace. I only wore the peacock heels for the photo. I really wore my very practical tennis shoes that you all saw in a previous post. Now if I were some sort of super-human, I would have worn those luscious heels again...but, alas, I am not!

I am wrapping the cardigan and necklace up in a bag before I start walking...I would hate to ruin it while on my way home...

Set can be found here: http://www.polyvore.com/striped_teal_black_light_orange/set?id=6808126


I really like the way it turned out. The colors seem nice together, and the overall fit is slimming. The necklace is a bit of fun, too. It has its detractors, but I am a fan. This tee is one of my all-time fave J. Crew pieces...I always get a lot of compliments when I wear it and it is the right weight and size to feel really good in all day long!


Please ignore my face (making a stupid one), but look at Rex's hands...he was about to hug my legs when Jim shot the photo. I saw that and smiled. I figured it would make someone else smile today, too! And goodness me, don't we all need that on a Wednesday?

7 comments:

Deco Aurora said...

The pants look so good on you! I need them, I wear black pants to work so those would be perfect. And the Tee looks good too is it gold or silver stripes?

HeidiG said...

The hands in the pic are hilarious! Great outfit!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

LOVE the hands in the pic...how classic! You look great! :)

dinagideon said...

Mslay: Sorry for waiting to respond...so busy! ;)

You should totally see if J. Crew still has them...I bet they would be real cheap now (or maybe on ebay if not at jcrew.com). I know they would look great on you! The tee has gold stripes...very subtle but a great tee...

HeidiG: Those hands are the very evidence of perfect timing. :)

FFM: Thank you so much. Huge compliment, coming from Ms. Stylish of Florida... :)

Beth said...

I've been wanting that necklace. Do you love it?

dinagideon said...

Beth: I actually do love it...heard some bad things about it...but it is a lot of fun and it works well with many of my outfits.

I found myself playing with it all day yesterday. Bonus for us moms--the kids LOVED it, both of them. :)

You can't go wrong at 30 bucks, either!

Slastena said...

Oh, look, you sprouted extra pair of hands- wow, think of all those things you'll be able to do with their help, LOL!

You look darling in this outfit. I have same tee and love how you paired it with warm colored cardi.