Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Beautiful Pink, Green, and Brown Outfit...Friday the 13th Evening Out with the JCAs of DC!!!


So all of us fabulous JCAs of the DC area got together to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic on Friday night. One of the things we promised to do was get dolled up in our finest J. Crew duds. We looked so nice!!! I saw a Lexington jacket, the gorgeous orange/white houndstooth Greta coat, a yellow herringbone ecole jacket, and much more. I decided to wear my Maggie jacket in camel (not shown in these pics), my Fresco cardigan, my Teagan blouse in ivory (camisole definitely needed with this shirt), my lovely Dojos by 7FAM, my patent belt in root, and my patent Allesia heels in root. I think the outfit pulled together quite nicely. I love the overall feel I get from this outfit...I feel vaguely French and while casual, it has a dressy undertone.

The cardigan, for those of you who wondered how it fit, if it stretches, and how the color looks on me can see all three answers here...it fits well when it stretches out a bit, which it does (thank goodness), and I believe paired with the ivory top looks nice with my fairly light (not quite Casper the friendly ghost but almost that pale) complexion. I do have dark blonde hair so I couldn't answer how it looks with lighter hair until this summer when the sun has had its lightening effect on my coif!


Here is a close-up of the print next to my skin. I believe pairing this print with a solid is the only way I can wear this print properly. The print by itself would be to close to my complexion to work 100%. That's okay! I would never wear it by itself, anyway!

I did purchase this print in the silk tank, but again, I will pair that with other solids, like my cardigans and jackets...

Oh, and those of you who were concerned with the print not matching up when this is buttoned can see it doesn't really stand out at all!!!

6 comments:

Joyce said...

I like the addition of the belt. Very nice!

Emily said...

I love that cardi on you! Those colors are so fresh!
What size shoe are you? The TJ Maxx that I went to had about five or six pair of shoes in sizes 8 & up. If I see anything good I will be more than happy to them and sell them to you.

dinagideon said...

Hi Emily! I am a ten shoe...I am currently on the hunt for patent shoes from J. Crew, so if they had any (and I don't own them already), I would definitely buy from you! Awesome.

Joyce--you know, I am not normally a fan of belts, but they have been working for me lately...hmmm...

Beth said...

Yes, the belt works.

Alexis {J.Crew Aficionada} said...

You look great! I saw the pictures from the evening and it looks like you all had an a-m-a-z-i-n-g time- I am so jealous! ;)

P.S. I can't believe I don't have your blog on the JCA blog roll! I would love to add you. (I like to check with the blog owners before I add to the list.) If you are interested, let me know (jcrewaficionada at yahoo dot com). :)

Drewablank said...

I still say you looked (and look!) terrific! You were a sweetheart, and I can't wait for our next meetup with all the other JCA's. :)

I hope you got home in time for your little one!