Monday, February 23, 2009

The lovely Trastevere Print Top with pants and shoes!


Okay, so I only pointed out the top in my post title because the top is really the main player today. The Trastevere print paisley tunic top from last spring is just too gorgeous. I am glad I found it on ebay, and for way less than it originally retailed for...yay! Above is the polyvore set (I finally found the dang top--does anyone find their search engine difficult to use?). You can find it here: http://www.polyvore.com/colors_sea_on_cold_day/set?id=6770601


Here is the outfit, full length. Not a whole lot of accessorizing, but it is Monday and this print doesn't need much competition. The tunic top is a size ten, so it's a little loose, but not really a problem because it looks so nice all flowy and silky. The pants are from Ann Taylor a couple of years ago. These are actually a bit big on me, which proves that no matter what you do, if a pair of pants aren't made super-well there will be creasing across the rise (that horizontal striping I talked about in my pants manifesto from yesterday). The shoes are the sumptuous patent-leather heels (Juliet, I believe) in the peacock color. I have already received numerous compliments from kids today about these shoes!


Here is a close-up of the print. So pretty, right? I adore these colors and together they play so nicely! :) I am not wearing lipstick. I should wear lipstick before I take these photos. Oh, well, live and learn!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute photos!! Thanks for your very sweet comments!! I did take the photos. Then I just kept pushing buttons on iphoto until I came up the final look. Isn't that funny. That's all I ever really do.

HeidiG said...

I love that top - I remember it from last year! Those colors look really good on you!

ashley said...

very pretty! you make so many cute outfits! i love how you paired those shoes! great pop of color!

dinagideon said...

Lissa: Thank you! I loved those photos. I definitely am like you there...just keep shooting and one or maybe even a whole bunch will be AWESOME! :) Keep those girls cute and sweet...they are super-precious.

HeidiG: This top I missed out in its first run (pregnant and all), so I was glad to see it pop up on ebay and for such a great price!

Ashley: Thank you! Look forward to making more cute outfits with my new pink belt! ;)

Slastena said...

You are right- the print is fantastic! It's one of may favorites from last year! I just wanted to mention that you have such a lovely smile- it lights up every picture of yours, b/c it's so genuine!

Drewablank said...

I'm so glad to see someone bringing old J.Crew pieces into the mix! I have the same exact top and can't wait to break it out in warmer weather - heck, thanks to your inspiration, I think I'll break it out soon! ;)

Cleo said...

Very pretty! This set is very flattering on you.

dinagideon said...

Slastena: Will you wear your tratevere print soon? I bet it looks beautiful with your eyes! Thank you for the compliment...I truly appreciate it!

drewablank: Get it out! Silk is a great fabric for winter because it is so tightly woven it can keep you warm. Weirdly enough it also works in summer because it has such great movement and is a natural fiber. I bet you look pretty wearing it...

Cleo26: Thank you...I love it! What have you been wearing lately? I bet it looks gorgeous on you!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Love this top...very pretty! I also think the pants look really good on you. :)

dinagideon said...

FFM: This print was one of J. Crew's all-time bests. I am a huge fan of their prints...they are loud, for sure, but a lot of fun...

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Hi Dina! I actually tried to buy this last year when I saw it on the sale rack at my local J.Crew, but the only sizes that were left were either too small or too big. It is SO gorgeous IRL!

Anonymous said...

I like this outfit. It is very flattering on you!

Christina said...

Love this print. I have it in a bathing suit, shorts and a tunic top!