Thursday, February 19, 2009

Review of the AWESOME Chambray Cocktail Capri Pants...


Here is what the colored chambray cocktail capris (ooh, how alliterative) looks like on the J. Crew website. Here is a link for them: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Special_Sizes/size16/pants/PRDOVR~12305/12305.jsp


Here they are in real life, in that light rose color. I do not think I can express my love enough for these pants. I wear a ten and these pants fit like a gorgeous leather (cashmere-lined) glove. They also made me look thin, which 5 months postpartum is a real gift. I don't have pics of me wearing them yet, but don't worry, once it gets warmer, these will be my go-to pants. They are so loved by me I WILL purchase them in a size 8 in grey because I want another pair for the inevitable (or so I hope) time that I lose enough weight that the size 10s don't fit anymore. They hit me at my lower calf (I am 5'8"), but that is fine. I know a 26" inseam is not meant to be super-long. The rise hits about four inches below my belly-button (but I am high-waisted), right above my hip-bones. It actually fits my bottom well, with no tugging or pulling.


Here is a close-up of the waistband and pockets. It is nice to have a flat waistband and slanted pockets, as those help prevent the bulging look you can get when wearing other types of pants with buttoned waistbands and other types of pockets.



The fabric is SOOOOOOOO SOFT! I love the feel. It is like the most washed tee-shirt you own, but with the bonus of not looking all worn out. The color is very muted and I would probably not wear this color near my face, but on a pair of capris, it is perfect. It is so soft of a color, I bet I could wear it as a neutral!


I would recommend everyone buy a pair. If you would prefer darker colors they have the cocktail capri in other fabrics, (but I can't vouch for their awesomeness): http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Special_Sizes/size16/pants/PRDOVR~12428/12428.jsp

7 comments:

AppGal said...

Wow, thanks for the review! I actually have these in my shopping cart for a possible future purchase, but wasn't sure about the fabric! I bet they look great on you :)

dinagideon said...

Hi! I hope school went well for you today! I also hope you purchase these capris, because they are way more than I expected them to be. I think they are worth the full price (or with 20% like I got with the last promotion they had)...

Emily said...

I have to have these now!! They will match the J. Crew dusty rose TJ Maxx shoes I found:)Can't wait to see what outfit you create with these pants.

dinagideon said...

Emily: Get them, for sure! I think they will look so pretty with the shoes! :)

Slastena said...

Dina- thank you for posting a review- the pants look like a must have!Now if we can only see them on a model-hint!hint!

dinagideon said...

Slastena: Hint taken...I believe it will be warmer next week...these glorious pants will definitely come out to show off their awesomeness soon...

haus_frau said...

Dina, your review is great! I'll be adding these into my next purchase.