Monday, April 29, 2013

Boden: Mid-Season Sale Picks! Plus Some New IRL Photos!

Some of the items are actually 50% Off!

Good Monday morning!  Certainly is grey here in Virginia, unlike this weekend which had amazing weather.  Grey mornings mean I am stuck at home, so I figured I would take this time and finally get my mid-season sale picks done.  I first blogged about this sale last week.  :) 

One thing has changed since that post, though.  Now they are offering free shipping with the promo, so if you paid shipping, you may want to call and ask if they can refund the shipping fee.

Anyhow, this post will be split into three sections, the 50% off section, the 40% off section, and the 30% off section.  Yes, there are items that are 20% off, but I decided that 20% off, while a good promo, is close enough to the 15% off you get from using my sidebar coupon that I wouldn't add that to my list today.  (That said, there are still quite a few picks here from the 30-50% off...Boden has A LOT in this sale.)

The sale ends at 11:59 pm on May 1, 2013, which is this Wednesday.  I will definitely remind you all over at JCA, here, and on my facebook page that it is ending.  I seem to forget when promos end (I usually order the last day of a sale) and having reminders from fellow blog friends helps remind me.

Below is the direct link to the promo.  The prices for the items should show up properly if you use the link.


Okay, onto the picks!

50% Off:
Hand Crochet Jumper
Hand Crochet Jumper--50% off; $69 from $138.  I am tempted by this one myself, in the white.  I love the idea of having a sweater that you can wear in the warmer weather.  Still on the fence, but if stocks go really low, I may give it a shot since low stocks usually become no stock fairly quickly. 


Riviera Shirt Dress
Riviera Shirt Dress--50% off; $74 from $148.  You all know I am a fan of this dress since I am wearing its fall version in my blog header.  I didn't buy this season's version since I already own three of these, but I can see the allure of this version.  It even fills out the very thin model in the shot above, so it seems to suit many different body shapes.  The $74 is reasonable, especially for what you receive.

40% Off:
Vintage Ponte Dress
Vintage Ponte Dress--40% off; $70.80 from $118.  This dress is not selling well.  It is adorable, striped, and perfect for summer.  I wonder if most women already have a striped tank dress in their closet and don't really need another one.  Anyhow, if you do need a striped tank dress, this is a good price for a well-constructed version, made from a really nice thick fabric.

Cashmere Textured Jumper
Cashmere Textured Jumper--40% off; $118 from $198.  I thought this sweater had completely sold out in all colors a couple of months ago.  Turns out that there are still a few left, but stocks are getting low again.  If you wanted it and thought you had missed out, here is your chance to grab it.

Cashmere Hoody
Cashmere Hoody--40% off; $118 from $198.  I have now worn the one I bought when it went on sale the last time (and sold out, or so I thought) multiple times.  It is just the right amount of awesome...comfortable enough to wear whenever you need comfort, colorful enough to lift the mood (I bought the pretty rich green version), and dressy/fitted enough so that it doesn't look like you are wearing a glorified piece of gym wear.  My original review is here.

Textured Party Top
Textured Party Top--40% off; $88.80 from $148.  I did decide to grab this one this morning, since I had a credit on my account from a return, plus the fact that it is selling out in the smaller sizes.  I decided on the grey in a size 6.  I read that it is running large, but the garment measurements lead me to believe the 6 is the best fit for me.  I hope I decided well.  Anyhow, I love the shape, the slight peplum at the hip, and the adorable cap sleeves.  Add the fun textured, mod 60s fabric to the mix and I am sold.  Will definitely jazz up a cute pencil skirt or capri pants easily.  Plus, if you like the Clara Dress, but definitely can't afford it (or missed out on it--selling well!), this is a great alternative option.

Darcey Dress
Darcey Dress (Gold only); 40% off; $88.80 from $148.  The navy version in the stock photo is more expensive, but still on sale.  The gold, in my opinion, is prettier, though, and less expensive.  I really like that you can see the darling embellishment better on the gold, plus the gold is a rich, muted gold, so it looks expensive.  The dress is made from cotton sateen, as well, so it will stretch and move with your curves, instead of making you feel like you are wedging yourself into a dress. 

Draycott Coat
Draycott Coat (Navy only); 40% off; $100.80 from $168.  Another one from Boden's spring/summer line that I have already worn to death.  :)  My original review of the navy is here, and even though I only received 20% off (bought in the preview), I am perfectly happy having paid the higher amount as I am definitely getting a good return on my cost.

I wore it all over NYC last weekend when it was a touch cool on both Saturday and Sunday.  Above I am wearing it (with my darling little princess) before we left to go uptown to do some shopping and watch Cinderella on Broadway. 

30% Off:
Breton Sweatshirt
Breton Sweatshirt (Grey only)--30% off; $40.60 from $58.  Of course the only color in the sale is the color I bought during preview.  LOL.  Doesn't matter.  Like the Draycott Coat, I have been wearing this one constantly, which is definitely outside my M.O. of "wear something once or twice a season."  I think this may be because of my "great closet cleanout of 2013" which is wonderful for my pocketbook (consignment shops--woo and hoo) and for my ease of dressing, just a lot less to choose from...  My initial review of this top is here.

Wore this sweatshirt on the trip to NYC (in the car for four plus hours--hence the crumpled me you see).  I love the top with with the J. Crew pleated short in structured cotton and ballet flats, very simple but still dressy enough to not look like a total schlub (although my hair looks terrible).

Wardour Dress
Wardour Dress (White, Black only)--30% off; $103.60 from $148.  Well now, bit surprised this one is in the sale, but maybe some ladies are like me, all "nuh-unh" to the idea of adding that much of a bump to the hip area.  I love the look, though, and would likely have been all over it had there been either a straighter skirt or a more a-line skirt. 

Adelaide Dress
Adelaide Dress (Soft Red only)--30% off; $54.60 from $78.  Did the review of this one on Friday, late in the day.  The grey/yellow version is not 30% off, but if the soft red would suit you, then you are in luck, since this is a great dress, no matter what color.

Sumptuous Silk Dress
Sumptuous Silk Dress (Printed versions only)--30% off; $152.60 from $218.  I have enough printed silk dresses to last me many months of dinners out, church visits, and parties.  If you don't, though, this is an exceptionally pretty version!  One of the reviewers compared it to a Monet painting, and that is *exactly* what I was thinking.  :)

Hotchpotch Jumper
Hotchpotch Jumper--30% off; $61.60 from $88.  I never did a formal review of the one I received, but I bought the gold version (also on model above).  I bought the size 6 and found it ran a big snug, but nothing so small that I would have sized up.  I would only recommend sizing up if you carry your weight in your shoulders or bust.  This one is warm, lovely, and thick, so it was perfect for my trip to Ireland.  Definitely not a sweater for warmer weather, though, so if you live in the South like I do, you will only get use out of it 4 or 5 months of the year.

Here is how I styled it the first time I wore it on my trip in Ireland.  I really love it with the cobalt blue and neutral accessories.

Okay, that's it!  Don't forget that the sale extends to Johnnie b. (many of the styles can be worn by us women, too), mini Boden (girls, boys, and babies), and Boden for men.

If you just love something that is not in the sale, you can always use the coupon below (also found in the sidebar) to get an additional 15% off items not in the sale.


Do you have any picks from the sale that you would like to share?  Anything we should stay away from?