Tuesday, June 10, 2014

OOTDs: Twice the Pleasure.




Day: Sunday, June 8, 2014.

Where: Bethesda for yummy Cajun food (holla, it's soft shell crab po'boy time again!) and with a friend to a meet & greet with a local Congressional candidate.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) The Emily Skirt (which had its first outing here--all dressed for winter there) has grown on me.  At first I was majorly pissy about the horrible lining, especially since it seemed pencil shaped.  Well it turns out that while the lining's shape is slimmer, because Boden chose to use a cheap cotton, it also doesn't hold that shape for very long.  (So silver lining, pun intended, on Boden's choice of horrible lining fabric?)  Anyhow, the skirt and top and sandals were all really comfy, and I felt very at ease all day.

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) I liked this outfit a lot, but my husband and my daughter were all IN LOVE with it.  CW was especially happy I chose to wear the Zara flowers t-shirt (size 13-14 from the girls line, the 13-14 fits a women's size 4 or 6, fwiw) the same day she wore hers.  I kind of wish I had chosen another top for the skirt, but it did work, kind of, as long as you don't focus on the fact the dandelions have nothing to do with the Scandinavian florals embroidered all over the Emily Skirt.

Anecdote from the Day:  Soft shell Crab Po'boy.  That is all. 


Day: Monday, April 14, 2014.

Where: Pre-bowling, since I would be on a field trip with Rex the next day.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) The outfit wore well enough, but the top was probably the wrong choice for bowling.  In reality, I should have worn the outfit you see next to bowling, and the one I wore above to do the school run.  Oh, well.

The Bistro Short were reviewed by me here, btw.  I liked them so much that I purchased them in a second color, and even though I haven't published the photos, those shorts have also gotten plenty of wear this spring and summer.  You could say I am a fan, since the stretchy cotton sateen and longer inseam work well for my curvier lower half.

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) It's cute.  Will wear it with a different pair of shoes next time.  Love the hair.  Wish it always fell just like that. 

Anecdote from the Day:  It was warm and humid that day, but the very next day it was cold, very rainy, and windy.  So done with DC/VA weather patterns.  I want one temperature, one season, all the time.  I am officially a wimp.  And when I say one temperature and one season, I don't mean winter, spring, or fall.  Guess I should move to Florida already.


Day: Friday, June 6, 2014.

Where: School Run.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) Not pajamas, so not a 5 out of 5, but the Bistro shorts felt so good and easy.

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) Should have untucked the tee, would have been more balanced that way.  The sperrys look really nice with the outfit, helped make me feel young.  But I didn't accessorize, at all, so ding ding ding down go the points.

Anecdote from the Day:  CW was home that day with Angus and me since her kindergarten graduated a full week before Rex and the rest of the school.  When I went to sub yesterday (6/9/14) she asked if she could go with us.  I think she already misses being at school.

That grin on my face is 100% for real.  I had heard some great news that day.  :-)

Okay, all that's it for tonight.  Thanks for coming by and hanging out over here.

The shorts are running very low on stock. Some of the sizes in the Emily skirt are low in stock, but those numbers look healthier.  If the shorts do popback in your size or you have a hankering for the skirt now, use either the sidebar coupon or the one below to receive 25% off and free shipping.