Sunday, June 7, 2015

OOTDs: Two Target Dresses.



Day: Sunday, June 7, 2015.

Where:  Pret a Manger for lunch, Zara and J. Crew for returns, National Geographic museum for the Indiana Jones exhibit, and a friend's house for dinner.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I love love love this whole outfit.  I really want to pattern out the dress since I adore the way it fits and feels on me, and the fact that even though it is super short on the model, it isn't that way in real life (I bought the medium).  It even has a darling little bow in the back (I like them, the one below has one too).  We'll see when I can get around to it, but for a cheapie Target dress, it did well today.

The fake Birkenstocks are my attempt at being "on trend" without resorting to paying way too much money for white shoes that will likely be either completely out of style (they are very "grandma," lol) or have been ruined by one of my kids spilling something on me.  They were on sale last week, so a good buy then, but the current price is still very good for what you get.  They are super comfortable, I just made sure to size down to a 9 so that they would fit my narrow feet better (the straps do have working notches).

Outfit Details:  Bow Back Cap Sleeve Dress, Target here and in solid lace colors here; Shoes, Target here; Necklace, Madewell here; Sunglasses and bag, Anthropologie.

Anecdote of the Day: At Zara doing my returns (number of returns at Zara--always high--such cute clothes cut so so so small), Rex decided he wanted to see what he could get in the boys section, so one of the sales people took him up there and he decided to buy this tee.  I asked him why that one and he was all, "momma, shirts that are just one color are so boring, I want all my shirts to have something on them."  Yes!  Taking after his momma, that one.  :-)

INSTAGRAM HERE.


Day: Saturday, June 6, 2015.

Where:  Mass, dinner with a friend, and G Street Fabrics.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  This is a girls dress, size 16 (x-large).  I highly recommend the girls dresses/tops at Target if you can wear a size 4 or 6 (or smaller) in woman's tops/dresses.  Very important to pick the ones out that don't seem super juvenile (so yeah, all the darling ones with unicorns are probably not my best choice, lol).  People seem to like this dress and when I told my friend I had dinner with all about scoring in the girls section (not my first time, btw), she was SO stinking excited.  I think she may have already stalked the Target website looking for it.  :-)

Outfit Details: Circo girls maxi dress, Target here; Cardigan and sandals, J. Crew; Necklace, Target; Sunglasses, Anthropologie.

Anecdote of the Day: Red Robin is where we went to dinner.  They have these mixed drinks with beer and hard alcohol.  Those are so delicious.  My friend was driving, so I got to have two.  It was a very good night. 

INSTAGRAM HERE.

Okay, you all have a wonderful evening.  Hope your week starts off well with a fabulous Monday.