Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Wardrobe Day 5: Sosie Sparkle!

Winter Wardrobe Day 1 is here and Winter Wardrobe Days 2-4 are here.

On the very last day of Winter Wardrobe, we had our "runway shows," which is where the young ladies dress in the style of their inspiration boards (you know, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga!, even Andy Warhol) and to the tune of David Bowie's "Let's Dance," they catwalk like real models and get to show off for a few seconds of fame (sadly no 15 minutes of fame in our runway shows).

I am their MC, and as such, I kind of need to be all shiny, bling-y, and brilliant.  I wore this the last time (for Fall into Fashion), and this last spring (for Spring into Style).  This time I called on Sosie to help me.

I have a girl crush on Sosie.  To read her story, and how I acquired her, please read this post over at True Crew Love.

Sosie Sequin Tank: Size 4.
Long Boyfriend Blazer: Size 4 (Yay for popbacks at 2 am...no I am not kidding.  I know I should have been sleeping but look at how good Sosie looks with her boyfriend.)
Toothpick Ankle Jeans in Twilight Wash: Size 30 Tall.  This was back when J. Crew offered their ankle length denim in talls.  They need to bring that back.  The 31 inch inseam is great and the talls also seem to offer a longer rise, which I need.  These jeans also have a wicked high % of stretch material, so they fit like a glove.  Easily my favorite pair of jeans ever.  My bday pal, Gigiofca, also LOVES hers.
Alecia Suede Peep-Toes: Size 9.5.  Great until about 2:15.  Then my feet gave up.  LOL.

The necklace is the sea urchin necklace from last spring.  I shortened the length significantly.  It is meant to hang much lower.

From the side.  My feet look really big from the side.  :)

Hand on hip.  :)

So that's it for this week of fashion.  I think Day 5 was my favorite.

P.S. Little secret: I LOVE the band Rush.  Just thought I would tell you that.  We female Rush fans need to come out of the closet already.  After viewing their documentary last night, I was all, "Mr. Dina, the world needs to know that there are at least a few XXs out there that think that Geddy, Neil, and Alex can really rock it out."  (Even in their synthethizer heavy 80s period.)

P.P.S. Here is photographic proof...I am at a concert with Mr. Dina:

I was one of the only females there that day.  There was a lot of more of these kind of fellas: