Saturday, March 30, 2013

OOTDs: Brown and Green.



I have so many photos of him doing exactly this while I am taking my outfit photos.  Expect more in the future now that he can walk!
Day: Thursday, March 21, 2013.

Where: Mommy/Rex Day, with visits to his doctor, a restaurant, and Costco.

Ease of Wear: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I actually felt like the Blakeley Boots and coat were super comfortable.  BTW, I was asked which coat this was by a blog reader, and for those of you wondering as well, it is the Alabaster Tweed Coat made by J. Crew in 2008.  I love this fabric, very mid-century looking (reminds me of the couches from that time period) and very warm.  The shape is fab, too.  I don't know if this comes up on ebay often (I bought mine on ebay years ago), but if you see it, definitely grab it. 

The tights and dress (Bridget shirtdress--last worn a long time ago!) were okay, but I felt like the tights got stuck a bit on the skirt (since it isn't lined), so I had to add a slip (I own one, shhh). 

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Not cool, just preppy and presentable.  Which is fine by me, of course.

Anecdote from the day:  I decided to take Rex out of school that day so we could have a mommy/Rex day since he *rarely* gets alone time with just me anymore.  I think he had a good time, but he gets quieter when it is just the two of us on our own.  LOL.  I guess he feels that he doesn't have to compete with his brother and sister when it's just him, so he becomes really really chill.

He is a big boy, 55 pounds and nearly 4 feet tall.  I wasn't 55 pounds until I was 9.  Man, no wonder I can barely lift him anymore.  {{Tears.  My baby is growing up.}}

He told the doctor that he wants to be a welder when he grows up.  A welder.  Okay, then.  ;)



Day: Wednesday, March 20, 2013.

Where: I am pretty sure I went to Winesday in this get-up.  I am having a hard time remembering.  I blame my inability to remember on it being Saturday morning.  (Seems as good as any excuse.)

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) So easy to wear.  Even the coat (another J. Crew classic--the Highland Coat from 2005 or 2006) is a bit oversized so it is extremely comfortable.  The Boden tunic is also older, from way back when I started this blog.  Sadly Boden is not making many tunics like this anymore, but I have plenty from when they were making them to last me a really long time.  ;)

Cool Factor: (2 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) The outfit looks far too eccentric to be cool.  The Matt Bernson booties are inherently cool, as is the Pashli satchel, but floral tunics, brown leggings, and a plaid coat do not equal cool.  Well at least not in my mind. 

Anecdote from the day:  If I did go to Winesday in this, it was the first Winesday my brother and I had gone to in a long time.  One week I wasn't able to go, the next week he had a doctor's appointment, and then the week after he was sick.  Three weeks away from my favorite activity was way too long.  He and I have decided we must never do that again.

Okay, that's all, folks.  :)  I hope you are having a great start to your weekend.  Happy Easter, too!