Sunday, January 26, 2014

Boden: Spring Trim! One Week Only!


Hi, and happy Sunday, everyone!

I wanted to get this post published before I left for church, but the extra fifteen minutes of sleep felt so good, and since I know most of you will appreciate that, I held off on this post until I got back from church.  :-)

Anyhow, the folks at Boden have their first real promo of the year going on right now, which is like the catch of the day but called the Spring Trim.  Basically they put a select number of items on sale for 20% off across all of the site, but limit it to a certain number of items from each category.  So while everyone from men to women and teens and children have items in the sale, only some of the categories are in the sale, and in the categories, only some of those items are reduced the 20%.  To make the sale extra enticing, though, anything that is not in the sale is 10% off.

Today and tomorrow womenswear and mini girls have selected dresses and shoes at 20% off, while menswear and mini boys have selected trousers/pants at 20% off.  On Tuesday another set of items will be reduced, and then on Thursday a final round of items will be reduced.  Whatever is on sale today and tomorrow goes back to regular price on Tuesday, though, so bear that in mind. 

I will add one note...if you find your basket gets to $195 or more, you can go ahead and use the coupon at the very bottom of this post to receive 20% off your extra non-spring trim items since the promo that is specifically tailored for this sale only gives 10% off your non-spring trim items.  Remember, any clearance item in your bag will not be reduced further, unfortunately, because boy would I love to grab some clearance items with an extra % off.

I have had a quick look around and of course I think so much of it is really pretty, but the only item I have actually received and had a chance to look at in real life that is in today's sale are the Mid-Heel Wedge, which run a bit small, in my opinion.  I really wish the mid-heel wedge came in half sizes since my foot is exactly a 40.5 by Boden standards.  If I had purchased the 41, there is no doubt in my mind the shoe would have been too wide and possibly too long.  I purchased the 40 and they run exactly right in width, but the toe box is very cramped since they are not quite long enough.  I have read at other blogs that some folks have taken shoes to a professional and have them stretched, so I may give that a go since everything else about the shoe fits beautifully.  (Apparently you can only stretch all leather items, though, which is what these are.)  In terms of how they look, they are nicely finished and the little wedge makes them practical enough to wear all day, but gives a little lift, elongating the leg a bit.

Okay, that's it on my end...do you have any favorites from the current crop of spring trim items???

If you spend less than $195 overall (in-season items, clearance does not count towards total), this is the best coupon for you during the Spring Trim:
Valid 1/26 - 1/31. 6-Day Promotion: 20% Off Selected Items; 10% Off Everything Else + Free Shipping & Returns!

If you are spending more than $195 overall (in season items, clearance does not count towards total), this is the best coupon for you during the Spring Trim: