Thursday, January 2, 2014

OOTDs: The Rest of Mississippi.

Hey, all!  I spent today lounging around in a Johnnie b. sweatshirt and a pair of really old cords, so I didn't really have this *huge* desire to photograph the outfit, but figure I have plenty of stuff in my files to more than fill any gaps I have for quite a long time.

Today's post features two outfits I wore while in Mississippi and Louisiana.  I won't go into a ton of detail, but below each photo (as a caption), I will mention things of interest.

The outfit was exactly right for the day since I wanted to wear something comfortable and appropriate for church (I went to mass while my husband was at the Saints game). 

Still love that there are horses in Mr. Dina's childhood home's backyard.

This is a strawberry mai tai.  I don't drink at his parent's house so I very much enjoyed this while at Middendorf's, a yummy seafood restaurant smack dab in the Bayou.

Angus was thoroughly enjoying his water, too.

This is across Highway 51, that is how close Middendorf's is to the water.  Above us is the Manchac Swamp Bridge (Interstate 55) that gets us to New Orleans from where Mr. Dina's family is from in Mississippi.  It is really cool to travel this way a few times a year.  :-)

Here is Angus enjoying the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas.  This was at the penguin tank.  He ran around like a crazed sugar fiend at the aquarium.  Benefit of that is that I had a sleeping baby at church.  Woo!

I did change jackets.  This is from Three Dots and I bought it Anthropologie, which is located at Canal Place.  The cardigan is only $88 at Anthro, but is a whole lot more at Three Dots.  I wonder why?  I can't find it online at Anthropologie, but if it comes to be available, I will update this post.

I had seen this wool dress/tunic (so so short) at Anthro years ago, but never bit the bullet on it.  I then saw it on ebay a few years later and grabbed it for next to nothing.  I love it!  It is so comfortable and warm.

Love how pretty the knit detailing is...I have started taking a knitting class on Craftsy, but I will be honest with you, I am not so sure I can wrap my head around knitting.  Sewing seems so much easier to me.

Okay, that's it, I hope you all had a beautiful Thursday and will have a wonderful Friday!