Thursday, November 14, 2013

OOTD: Navy and Turmeric. And a Crazed Toddler.

All, before I write this ootd post, I wanted to remind you that we are in the waning hours of the Boden diminishing discount sale (which I wrote about here).  At midnight tonight, this promo expires, and becomes 15% for Friday, and 10% for Saturday.



Day: Sunday, October 27, 2013.

Where: Church.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  So easy to wear this, the only issue I had was a tiny bit of discomfort in the shoes, but they are fairly new Target wedges, so they have to be worn in just a bit.  (On the plus side, though, they are made from suede uppers, and not manmade materials, so they will conform to my feet over time.)

The rest of these items are tried and true favorites of mine, including the Boden Limited Edition Amazing Embroidered skirt from two years ago that is *hands down* my favorite Boden item EVAH (reviewed here and worn here in a similar outfit).  The only item that is currently available (and in the sale for 22% off for a few more hours) is the Evie Bag which I reviewed here.

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) I felt very pretty and put together.  This outfit is a touch too buttoned-up to be really cool, but for what my needs were that night, I don't think being cool was really that important.

Anecdote from the Day:  Angus now is unable to even enter the church for mass since he literally is begging and pleading for us to let him down so he can go run around like a crazed madman toddler.  I mean that is all he does--the entire time--he runs, runs, runs, stops to point at an airplane in the sky, runs some more, stops to examine some grass, runs, runs, runs, notices a helicopter, more running...you get the picture.

I take the first half of church to run around after him, and Mr. Dina does the last half since I need to get communion (he can't since isn't fully converted yet).  It is physically demanding, this whole running around after an overactive child.  The other two were never quite this athletic.  (That last sentence is an understatement, btw.)

Okay, that's it for now.  I hope everyone's night is going well.  Have BIG plans to write up the picks post for the Spring Preview tomorrow.  Wish me luck that I have the time!

Link to the sale is below for those of you who need it: