Sunday, November 3, 2013

OOTDs: Random J. Crew Outfits.

Hey, everyone!  We are in NYC this weekend (there's a Saints game so my dad, my hubby, and Rex are going), and with all the Halloween craziness last week (it included me making a Glinda dress for CW--glad that's done, btw), I haven't updated in almost a week. 

Since I have a few minutes this morning (woo daylight standard time!), I thought I would publish a few of the outfits I have had in backlog.  A couple of these are pretty old, like a couple of months old, but a few are fairly recent, including some from the past few days.

Since there is a lot here, I am going to not do the typical "ootd" type posting with lots of words, instead I will just give the ease/cool numbers on a scale of five, and only add anecdotes to outfits I can remember an anecdote.



Day: Monday, August 5, 2013.

Where: Somewhere, apparently.  Probably dinner out. 

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)

 
Day: Thursday, October 17, 2013.

Where: Little Gym with Angus/Mint Condition Consignment Shop.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)

Anecdote from the Day:  It is possible to attend a "jump around the room" class in tights and a sweater dress.  Not ideal, but better than wearing too tight jeans and a silk blouse.  :-)


Day: Friday, October 25, 2013.

Where: The park. 

Ease of Wear: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)

List of Items (forgot to edit them in the photo): Top & Shoes, J. Crew; Jeans, Johnnie b. (review here); Necklace, Target; Cape, Blarney Woolen Mills.

Anecdote from the Day:  The kids had the day off, so most of the day was spent at the house, chilling out.  By 3, it was apparent they needed to get out *already*, so I took them down to the stream, crossed the newly constructed bridge (yay, no in water stream crossings for this family anymore), and went to the park across the stream.  It was a lovely time and just what the kids needed.






Day: Tuesday, October 22, 2013.

Where: School Pickup/Dinner Out.

Ease of Wear: (2.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) Not the clothing's fault, I was having a fat day and the jeans felt constricting.

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)

List of Items:  Jeans & Bag, J. Crew; Necklace (review here) & Shoes, Boden; Sweater, Crewcuts.


Anecdote from the Day:  I witnessed an accident the Thursday before this Tuesday on the school pickup.  The lady pulled out in front of me and another car, I braked with enough time to not hit her, but the other car wasn't so lucky.  I stayed so I could make sure she was properly blamed, since I wasn't sure it was fully obvious to the police officer.  The lady didn't just stop where hit, btw, she ended up going fully across the other lanes of traffic and ended up driving into the PARK across the street through the park's entrance.  Good thing no kids were at the park when she pulled that move.  Gracious.  Someone probably shouldn't have been given a license, huh?

I was grateful that on that Tuesday I made it home without having to witness a second accident.  After we safely made it home, I randomly took the three last photos.  My kids crack me up.



Day: Wednesday, October 23, 2013.

Where:  Dentist Appointment for Rex. 

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)

List of Items: Jacket, Boden (review here); Top, Self-Made; Pants & Bag, J. Crew; Shoes, Naturalizer.

Day: Saturday, October 26, 2013.

Where: Rex's last teeball game for the fall and his awards ceremony.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)


List of Items: All J. Crew.

Anecdote from the Day:  It was SO cold that morning.  It is just weird playing baseball in weather that seems more suitable for ice hockey.

Rex received the superlative "Wild Thing," which is a good thing according to his coach.  Hmm.  ;-)

Day: Monday, October 28, 2013.

Where: Sitting at home, updating the blog, and deciding which skirts to keep and which to sell.  I only chose this outfit because I liked the way it looked in the photograph after trying this skirt as part of the process.  I definitely think this skirt is a keeper.  :-)

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)

Cool Factor: (2.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) Desperately needs accessories and makeup.


List of Items: Skirt & Top, J. Crew; Shoes, Target.


Okay, that's all for now.  If there is time I will update again before I leave NYC, otherwise, I will grab some moments next week when I am back home.