Wednesday, November 27, 2013

OOTD/Review: Textured Silk Blouse and Mardi Gras Colors.

Review is first followed by the outfit of the day since the top is on sale for at least a few more hours (it is part of the universal 30% off party clothing promo going on right now that I briefly mentioned at the bottom of yesterday's post).  The promo could go longer, but I haven't received word on when the party clothing promo will end, so I just bank on it possibly ending each evening, and if it is still there the next morning, well, yay!

Textured Silk Blouse.  As of this morning, the UK site was all out of this top in the green color, but the US site still has at least a few in the low stock category.  The discrepencies in stock aren't just on this item, either.  The Metallic Top is almost all sold out on the US side, but the UK side has plenty still available.  Since there are no reviews for it on our side, and the reviews aren't that favorable on the UK side, I am going to get this Shimmer tee from Madewell instead.  Bonus--it is a bit cheaper, and with the 25% off code going strong (along with free shipping), I am more willing to take a chance on that one.  Plus if it doesn't work out I will know super fast since Madewell has its warehouse here in VA and I typically get items from them within a few days of ordering.  Then I can watch for popbacks of the Metallic top, if need be.

Anyhow, the silk blouse is amazing.  LOVE the color, love the style, love the feel of the light as air silk chiffon and the slightly spongy silk "dots."

I chose to buy a size 6, and it fits wonderfully.  The 4 would have been fine in the waist and arms and length, but a titch too small in the shoulders and the hips.  The 8 would have been very large on my frame, and also way too long.

It is quite sheer, but if you own at least one cami, you will be fine.  I am wearing a light green cami under it, and it looks presentable.  I could have worn a nude cami, but the slight bit of color coming through appealed to me for this look.

The top tucked in well to my tights, which meant that even though I was running around after Angus and helping to set up for CW's Thanksgiving "Corn Feast," I didn't have any wardrobe mishaps.

The color is very Christmas, but if you also celebrate Mardi Gras, this is the exact shade of green used in the festivities.  The color was very nice with this paisley skirt of mine from J. Crew.  I could wear this on Mardi Gras next year and fit right in (and may do so depending on how little my brain is working that morning).

You can see from this shot *my* issue with the top, but it is only applicable to me, since my stupid back measurement is super short and my bottom is so big.  The top would have to be about three inches shorter in back for me not to have this happen.  But again, not necessarily going to be a concern for most of you.

Detail of the shirt.  I wouldn't go into a sandpaper factory with this puppy on, but it wasn't especially prone to snags, so don't stress about buying it if that is your concern.

Textured Silk Blouse
Textured Silk Blouse.  Selling out, and very popular.  The 30% off is a great deal, so I say go for it.


Day: Tuesday, November 19, 2013.

Where: CW's Kindergarten Corn Feast.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Could have been more comfortable, but for what it is (a fairly dressy outfit), this felt pretty great on...and was easy to more around in and still look decent.

The stinking tights kept riding down, though, ugh.  I think I have to wear skirts with really slippery linings to keep that from happening.  I am currently trying to line all my items I am sewing in slippery fabric because I know how annoying not having that can be.

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) I kind of look like a lady who lunches.  Not super cool, but nice enough, I suppose.

Anecdote from the Day:  In addition to the Corn feast that morning, darling girl lost her very first tooth that night.  What a big day for her!

Okay, that's it for now.  I hope everyone is staying happy and healthy.  :-)