Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blegh...It's Nasty Out There...Time to Pull Out the Tights and the Turtleneck!!!


So I had a triple dilemma this morning...what should I wear that will keep me warm, look decent for a party (a little girl we know is turning 2!), and will also be comfortable enough to wear to Costco to go shop? So this is what I came up with...and NO J. Crew in sight. Of course I am going J. Crew Crazy tomorrow, so I think it's okay this ONE time. :)

The sweater is a wool green concoction from this winter from the Ann Taylor Outlet (gift from my sister-in-law). The jean skirt is from Macy's and is by the brand Style & Co., which has the best clothes for very little money. The tights are Wal-Mart (and they fit really, really well...will have to pick up more of these). The shoes are from Bandolino and are a brown-suede wedge.

All in all a very comfy and warm and dressy enough outfit. No complaints here. No real hard work styling this outfit, but some days we all need something quick and easy that we can just throw on! Not very inspiring, but what am I gonna do? ;)


The ubiquitous CW and Momma shot. She got all dressed up to go to the party. Don't worry, I made sure she had socks on before we left. By the way, she sat up for a whole 5 minutes at the party. My little girl, growing up so fast...weep. :)

11 comments:

sparrowsandsparkles said...

Excellent solution. Brown + green = great with denim. Hope you're having a great weekend :)

HeidiG said...

Great choice for today, it is so nasty outside. I chilled out in sweats until about 1:00 this afternoon. No postings from me today - too busy working on the jewelry bulletin boards. (all done, but need to hang - so excited to see on the wall!)

Love a cozy green sweater when it's cold out. Love that CW had on green, too! Hope you all had fun today!!

Can't wait to see what you're wearing tomorrow!! I am just about to start on my navy nails. :)

Anonymous said...

That's a great look on you! That sweater just looks so warm and soft and cuddly :) I love cozy sweaters :)

Alexandra said...

Love how you manage to look good nasty weather and all.
Your kids are super adorable.
Have fun tomorrow!

Roxie said...

oh yay! we clocked her sitting up at 2 or so minutes on friday so whee for improvements! :D

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

I think this outfit looks great on you! CW is such a doll, too. :)

Moda said...

Your baby is so cute!!! I miss this time. My daughter is 19 months, I just can't believe how fast time flies..

Iole said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by.
hope to see you soon.
Love Iole

starla729 said...

it's nasty here today too... so i completely understand. you may feel your outfit is uninspiring but you still look cute! and i agree, i love walmart tights. i have bought them multiple times. for like $5 you can't go wrong... the fit well and hold up well too!!

KatyO. said...

So pretty! Esp. the picture of you and CW. :) You have the loveliest smile.

dinagideon said...

Hi Ladies: (sorry for the mass message!) It turns out this outfit was more popular than I thought it would be...I will have to try denim, brown, and green again...

Turns out a lot of us had bad weather this weekend...thank goodness it got nice by Sunday for our brunch, though!!!

BTW, CW is getting cuter as we speak...I think she and Rex just keep growing into such neat kids (I might be a bit biased, though)!