Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Color me amused...

Rarely if ever do all staff e-mails crack me up...

But this one...it's a doozy. I don't know what I find so amusing about it...could be that in a single paragraph there is a directive about not throwing rocks at cars AND what a bad idea it is to harass geese? :)

WORD FOR WORD what the e-mail said:
As you are well aware, spring, and spring-like behavior are upon us. Before you take your children outside (fire drills, class, etc.), please review appropriate behavior. Anyone caught throwing rocks at cars will be in HUGE trouble (yes, it is a felony to throw rocks at cars). Also, it's a really, really bad idea to harass the geese. Review appropriate behavior, monitor behavior, and immediately refer anyone not following your directives.

Oh, I love it! I wonder which of my lovelies I will get to refer for harassing geese? Or will the way the geese react be enough of a punishment?

6 comments:

Joyce said...

You must teach in a nice area to have geese around.

When I taught, my favorite parent memo started "Spring has sprung" and proceeded to remind them of the dress code and how clothes that may have fit last fall, may not fit in the spring. Middle schoolers + tight clothes, not a good combination.

dinagideon said...

Oh, these darn Canadian geese...they love the big, huge field that is next to our building. The poor field has been RAVAGED by them...sigh.

I don't know how nice this area is relative to places like Great Falls and McLean, but as a native yourself, you know that western Alexandria isn't too bad!!! ;)

We don't get the memos about their clothing, but I wish we did, then maybe I could get around to enforcing that!!!

As an aside, I told the girls in my last class yesterday that I would love to do a "Fashion for pre-teens" class during the summer and you would think by their reaction I suddenly turned into gold! That would be a blast to teach AND I could potentially steer some of these girls away from some poor choices...you know what I mean...

Have a nice day...it is sure nice outside.

HeidiG said...

Love it!! Throwing rocks is a felony. hehehe

Love the idea of the fashion for pre-teens class - that is so cool!! You would definitely be the coolest teacher, like, evah (as if you aren't already).

Joyce said...

Dina, I laughed out loud in the car today when I passed by the official state "Goose management patrol" car this afternoon. This geese business is some serious stuff!

Joyce said...

Oh, a teacher friend of mine did a fashion show with/for her kids. She received donations from local stores and it was a big hit. I can get you her lessons if you are interested.

dinagideon said...

HeidiG: I am glad it amused someone besides myself. I just couldn't let this e-mail pass me by...

I love this idea of a class for girls in fashion. I think I may take Joyce's offer to get the lesson plan.

Joyce: Yeah, around here, they have a lot of interest in killing the geese humanely. Deer, too. I guess they wreak a lot of havoc. Behind my house live a family of three deer...I think they are protected, but I know out in the exurbs like Loudoun, deer hunting is big business. :)

I would love that lesson, if she still has it. HOW FUN!!! Thank you!