Friday, September 25, 2009

Kreativ? Moi? How very nice...


I want to thank AppGal (check out her very fun and incredibly sweet blog, Musings on the Mountain) for the Kreativ Blogger award! Thank you so much, my North Carolina friend! I am still, to this day, shocked that anybody outside of our nanny and my family reads my blog!

Here are the instructions:
1) Thanking the person who gave this to me!
2) Copy the Logo and place it your blog.
3) Link the person who nominated you.
4) Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know. (Hmm, this could be a lot of fun...)
5) Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7) Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
So here are my 7 things...(and I am going really obscure...you all already know how much I love my kids, my family and friends, other bloggers, etc.):

*I have to have one bottle of green tea a day, and it has to be from the Japanese Green Tea company ITOEN. I actually have to make a quest to one of the three or four stores in this area that carry it...I feel like if I don't get my green tea, then I am not really ready for my day. It is weird, I know. (Oh, and watch out if it is on sale, I will buy out the entire store.)

*I get a tingle of excitement when someone recognizes the fact that being raised in Northern Virginia is pretty darn rare (seriously, there are not that many of us that stick around). Recently one of Rex's teachers, Coach B. said, "You were raised here? You and the four others? I heard that you all existed but I don't believe I have ever met one..." :) SMILE! I will forever be appreciative to Coach B. You rock!

*I enjoy reading all types of maps. I could stare at a map (be it big, small, old, new, political, or topographic) for HOURS. REALLY. HOURS. Just ask Mr. Dina. I think he believes I have a form of Asperger's because of it. I just say I like being focused. Plus, who do you want to be with on a walk in the woods? Me, or my husband? Yeah, that's what I thought.

*I received my Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology with a concentration in Historical Archaeology. It sounds cool, and it really is, but man, it takes a lot of years of extra college, and a ridiculous amount of kissing butts of professors to actually "DO" the job. I have little desire to continue on with it because of these reasons. I am too old and stubborn to kiss the butts of people who are just as human as the rest of us. If I don't expect people to kiss my butt, why would I kiss your butt? Just saying...

*I am really glad crayons are non-toxic (CW, if she had a list, would talk about how much she LOVES to eat crayons).

*I once thought it would be cool to work in a steel mill. I have absolutely no factory workers in my family, and the whole idea of being a factory worker intrigued me. And yes, I would bring my bottle of green tea with me.

*I really really REALLY want to go to Bora Bora and stay in one of those over-the-water huts that cost something like a million dollars for one night (well, more like a thousand, but still)...

I nominate... (So you all know--I could have easily nominated twenty more bloggers--there are so many good reads out there...):
Lemonade Makin' Mama
Have a fun, KREATIV weekend. ;)

7 comments:

HeidiG said...

thank you! So sweet of you!

I always love reading everyone's facts - they are always so fun!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your reward, I also enjoyed reading about you.

Beth said...

Thanks Dina!! Congrats on your award too.

:)

dinagideon said...

Hey guys! Thank you for reading!!! I love reading other people's facts, too. Is that weird or normal? Hmm. I also love looking at people's vacation photos, too. Is there a connection?

:)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Dina, I'm honored. You so deserve yours, congrats! :)

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh how fun!! Thanks for nominating me you sweet thing! I am doing a very similar award this week that I got last week. (it has taken me that long to come up with something to say about myself) These are really fun!

Blessings,
LMM

dinagideon said...

Stylestance and Lemonade Makin' Mama:

You are welcome. I love these awards...they are always a ton of fun to give out and receive. I have received a couple more, but they came when I was most busy last year with teaching, so this one came at exactly the right moment...when I actually a few brief moments to string together to repeat the award!