Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lalalala, I am in My Backyard, on the Deck, Writing a Post About a Month-Old Party!

Man, it is GORGEOUS out here. I am on my deck, in 75 degree weather, typing on my laptop (with its great wireless access). Technology and pretty atmosphere=happy dinagideon. :)

And I am singing a little ditty to myself..."Lame, lame, lame, you are so lame, waiting over a month, to get out a post, about the pretty ladies and wine..."

So here it is...the wine party I hosted at my home for a few of us JCA ladies of the DC area that I am fortunate enough to know...and who graciously came to my house on a Sunday afternoon to drink wine with me, look at J. Crew clothing, and for HeidiG. and drewablank, enjoy a dip in my hot tub (inaugural dip...woohoo).


But what would my posts be without a polyvore set?

The reason I posted today, btw, is because awesome Patina did a post yesterday in which she looked beautiful and was wearing my all time favorite statement necklace from Banana Republic. Which reminded me that I wore it at the party...which then reminded me to get my a** in gear and post the dang pictures already.

So without further discussion...the pictures...


The ubiquitous shot of me in the outfit. This dress, once again, is easy, breezy, and truly a great color. And it looks so nice with the necklace, too.


Here are the five of us, plus CW (she didn't have wine...no worries)...look at how HeidiG. is bathed in light, like she is some kind of angel. :) After her is Summerilla, Drewablank, 3-Penny Princess, and me and CW. This is our serious shot. BTW, this is the deck and the table upon which I sit and type right now. :)


Here is our lovely candid shot...I think we all look so pretty. I esp. love the way 3PP and Drewablank still have their arms around each other...so nice!


And because we couldn't resist, here is the shot of us being ridiculous. We have hanged HeidiG., Moose Summerilla, Too Long Tongue Drewablank, Screeching 3PP, and "I'm gonna eat that baby" dinagideon.

Hope you all enjoyed a trip into a past partay! :) I know I did...that ridiculous shot still cracks me up!

18 comments:

Chanel Fashionista said...

I am quite jealous as I sit in my office at work! Enjoy!

Patina said...

Don't you just love,love,love your BR necklace. It's a show stopper. I get tons of compliments on it and now you've given me inspiration to wear it with my tee in this same color. It looks lovely on you.

Betsy said...

Love that necklace! Gorgeous!

Julia said...

Y'all are so cute! And your daughter is so funny in these pictures :) I'm glad you're enjoying the great weather! We've got it here too...yay for Fall!

Kathy said...

You DC girls sure have a great time! I am sure I am not alone in wishing I lived in the area and could join in on all of your fun!

Joyce said...

Tell me about throwing a wine party. Is that like a wine tasting party? I want to do more get togethers at home but I need help. Do you have any tips? It looks like you had a ball.

Christy {SparklesandSpinach} said...

I was eyeing that dress on the website today! SO cute!!! Looks like you had lots of fun =)

AppGal said...

Oh my goodness, how cute are y'all? I love these pictures! And I love the mental image of you singing the ditties to yourself :) I think I might wear the same dress tomorrow...provided the weather is decent, of course! Hope you had a wonderful day, sitting on the deck enjoying the weather!

Jemma said...

The DC JCA group looks like they had a blast!You guys always look to have so much fun and I think it is great that you all keep in touch and have also become great friends IRL too! Thanks for posting the pictures.

You look really nice in that ensemble by the way!

Anonymous said...

Oh that dress is so pretty on you. Love the color.
Kid is so cute too.
I hope I can make the next party, it seems like you guys had a blast!!!

C said...

hmmm....CW has some fierce expressions...teething?

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Love the BR necklace on you, Dina! It sounds like you had a great time...thanks for sharing the pics!

Enjoy your beautiful weather and have a wonderful day! :)

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh man... your comment just cracked me UP!! Thanks for leaving it today... I hope your ladybug costume gets used afterall. :)

Blessings,
LMM

Cloggsy said...

LOVE the ridiculous picture - you all look like you're having so much fun! Bummed I missed that get together...next one. Maybe I'll host something at my new house?!!

Drewablank said...

Dinagideooooonnnn!! Man, I missed the blogosphere and commenting and all that good stuff. Thanks for posting these photos! And you did look pretty rockin' in that dress, and of course, that fabulous necklace! :)

I couldn't help but notice...I'm totally fishin' out on our second pic. WHAT is wrong with me?!? Thanks to your brother for taking those pictures! ;)

And whatever did happen to that trip down south to Cloggsy's territory? Hmmm...

HeidiG said...

Joyce - it's way more simple than a wine tasting party. At a wine party, you just sit around and drink wine...and chat...and snack... It's fabulous!!

Dina - you look gorgeous! Love all the pics - that was so fun. Ok, I'll host next time. Just got the soccer schedules, so I'll look at the calendar.

Marietta said...

Everyone looks fabulous! Enjoy the beautiful weather, we are having a great stretch of sunshine here in NY, too. :-)

dinagideon said...

Hi, everyone:

Thanks for all the nice comments! It really was such a very nice time and anytime I can have such a get-together, I will!

Oh, and the sitting outside while I type may increase as it is getting to the point where it isn't so blisteringly hot outside! YAY!

Joyce: HeidiG. has offered up her place...so let's see if we can make this work...if you are staying near DC/Alexandria, I can drive us both up to her house...

C.: CW has insane teething...it has been non-stop for a few months now. Sigh. And they hurt her pretty badly...or she is a really big wimp! ;) The top two have come in, so for now, all is good...but I know next August when her molars start erupting, I will see these expressions again!

Drewablank: Fishing or no, you still look GORGEOUS!

Also, what did happen to the trip to Richmond? I am still 100% available if anyone wants to go!

Have a very lovely Labor Day, all! :)