Thursday, June 11, 2009

I am So BLEEPING Tired, I Forgot to Post These Outfits as Well...

And I really, really liked them, so I feel kind of out of it...

That said, I will post the Polyvores, then the outfits on me, and list any pertinent info. I want to write more but I am kind of tapped out. (That said, I always end up writing more than I think I will...you know what's weird, I am a way bigger conversationalist in writing than I am in real life.)

So if you have specific questions, I promise, if you comment your question, I will write back with a response (either in this post or its comment section). As you all know, it may take me a few days, but I will. :)

Here is outfit #1's Polyvore:



Here it is on me. I feel very Trinny of the British version of What Not To Wear. She was ALWAYS running around wearing a long tunic or dress and jeans or trousers. I have actually never done this look, but I must say, it was fun. I wore the flip-flops as a nod to summer, even though the day I wore this outfit it was kind of cold outside (Friday, June 5, 2009).

My co-worker says I should wear it with no jeans the next time. He is a man, though, and maybe he doesn't get the whole "jeans with what really is basically a dress" look. Or he is really disgusted with me that I would be doing a style that was popular in 2003.

Oh, and if you want to buy this top...it is LARGE. I have on a UK size 10 regular, which equates to a 4 or 6 US size. And it looks a bit big on me. It isn't too big, but if I lose anymore weight it might be too big. So you very petite ladies out there may be out of luck. The smallest size they have is a UK size 8.

Here is Outfit #2's Polyvore:



I wore this on Saturday, June 6, 2009. I LOVE this outfit. A LOT. The top is a bit big (UK size 12--US size 8), but I bet a bit of time in Dina's dryer will help with that...

The shorts are from 2006 and I can WEAR THEM AGAIN! YAY! And they are kind of loose. :) SMILE! (I am only 8 pounds away from my goal weight...)


Here is a close-up of the print, oh, and my very pretty daughter, too.

Have a nice day...more to come tomorrow. (Including a review of the Double-Serge Cotton Pencil Skirt--in short--LOVE!)

20 comments:

Patina said...

Thanks for taking the time to posts these outfits. As you know I love the polyvores and have been dying to see the IRL versions. I love them!!!!! I know the dress and pants look may be taboo to some but I like the look on you and have been thinking of doing it myself but now it's too blazing hot for all those clothes (smile) CW is as beautiful as ever....the two of you are just radiating sunshine and happiness
p.s. I am typing from my phone so excuse the typos or lack of commas...i can't find the comma symbol :((

CECE said...

I think you look so great with outfit no.1! Putting your hair up looks great on you!

Slastena said...

Adorable outfits! You are one stylish lady, as usual!:)

Christina said...

Love the Boden tunic. It's on my list of things to buy.

Summerilla said...

Oh love these outfits, especially the first one! I seriously need to check out Boden, what am I waiting for?! You have some super cute pieces from them.

Unknown said...

Such cute outfits! I really like the tunic/jeans look on you. I've been doing that a lot lately myself, and rolling my jeans when it's hot out! :)

AppGal said...

i looooove the Boden tops! wow...i may need to look into some of their stuff...

OH! And there is a Sara dress selling on eBay right now, size small. I remember you mentioning how bummed you were that you missed it!

Ann said...

I love your Boden outfits. I have that double-layer printed short-sleeve top that you are wearing in brown and yellow--mine is the one with an aqua background. It went into the dryer by accident and did shrink some (still wearable, though.)

Moda said...

I absolutely love this green outfit on you. My favorite so far.

Amy said...

You look great! And I can't WAIT to hear about the new double-serge skirt... :)

A said...

Lovely outfits - especially like the tunic/jeans look on you! Thanks for posting the pictures. :)

Unknown said...

Pic #1 is HOT! You look soooo good. Loveth.

Tina Z said...

love the tunic/jeans look!

Moda said...

Dina,
I just read your message about the SB Book. Isn't that book amazing? I LOVE! I am doing same, eating a lot fruits in the morning and trying to eat "real" food only when I am very hungry. Also, since I live in Japan, I am trying to involve myself in Japanese food, since it's so healthy for you. Yesterday, I went to the Japanese Market and I got this package that comes with all important seeds (pumpkin, sesame...), you just mix it on your rice and you don't even feel the flavor.

dinagideon said...

Hi Patina: Thank you for your comments...you did great considering it was from your phone. My message would have been: kkhiyhiwehdhschiohdklahdlj

That is because I am nearly technically illiterate. Thank goodness Blogger makes it easy!

CECE: I have been putting my hair back more and more lately...you all have definitely had an effect on me!!! I had no idea it was flattering at all...I just do it for practical purposes! :) Thank you!

Slastena: Coming from Ms. Stylish herself, I thank you very much for your compliment...

Christina: I partially wore this so early (was going to wait for the fall) because I knew you wanted it...did you decide to jump on the bandwagon and get it? I know you would look so nice in it!!! Just remember...size down!

Summerilla: I am glad you like Boden so much...but don't get this top...the length would be fine but you would no doubt swim in their smallest size. Remember, I bought this in their second smallest size and it is a bit baggy. That means this is over-sized for sure. There other items are very true-to-size! Thank you for the compliment...you are so sweet!

dinagideon said...

Stylestance: I had no idea that anyone liked the jeans and tunic look so much!!! I definitely need to do this again. Maybe you should do a post on it!!!

AppGal: I could see you in a whole bunch of the Boden tops/outfits...very cute for you and great for our profession. BTW, thanks for the info on the dress...I checked it out... :)

Ann: That color top is so pretty...I was torn...but I definitely have a lot of aqua stuff so the decision became a little easier after I remembered that!!!

OOTD: THANK YOU!!! How sweet (and surprising)! I honestly expected you all to tolerate it...so to find out you liked it...well color me shocked. :)

dinagideon said...

Amy: Sorry for the delay with the post on the skirt...I so wanted to post yesterday but ran out of time. That said, I had a great day yesterday with the kids, so I know you understand.

A Bigger Closet: Ah, thank you!!! I bet you could pull off the tunic/jeans thing very nicely, too!

Gigiofca: Awesome...I had no idea...and I am being totally serious, btw! :)

Tina: Thank you thank you thank you!!! ;) Wearing this again...for sure!

OOTD: I have considered getting their cookbook? Have you gotten it yet? Any reviews if you have???

Thanks!!!

HeidiG said...

Love these outfits. Tunic w/jeans is way fab. And you look tiny in the shorts/tee combo. Thanks so much for sharing - I know it can be a pain to go back to post, but I'm so glad you did.

dinagideon said...

HeidiG: Thank you!!! It wasn't a pain...I just kept forgetting because I am obviously existing on half a brain now...

Only one and a half weeks. YAY!

3-Penny Princess said...

Sorry I'm just catching up - I'm a little behind from last week... Love how you rock that dress with those jeans and the green flip flops! So ahead of us all! Watch, J.Crew will feature a replica of your outfit on some malnourished model in the fall. Still love all shades of green on you!