Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ikat Short (In-Store Only) and Me from Who Knows How Long Ago!

So I still have 78 followers by some miracle. I have been absent from blogging for a long time! I apologize...sincerely.

My worst offense? Not commenting at all for the last three posts. I DO intend to comment back (I LOVE commenting back, that is why I am so irked by not being able to)...but my dear friends, please give me a few more days...

My second worst offense? No posting, either...and I have so many neat pieces to show off...like the Ikat print shorts that I alluded to in my last post (and you get to see today in this post). I also have worn the Jennifer shirtdress from Fall 2007 recently, and on my trip to NYC this weekend, I wore the rolling-ruffles tank with some fierce matchstick jeans and a grey cardi, plus I wore the same top as Heidi wore in this post and I am eagerly anticipating the time I will get to show how it looks on someone else. I also met the very pretty and sweet Marietta when I was up there...and I have an "illegal (not supposed to take pics in the Collection Store)" pic of her and I that I want to show you all. Sigh.

But here is my third worst offense...I am still NOT done with cleaning my classroom or grading. I am near the point where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but man, it is AGONIZINGLY slow-going. Probably the worst I have ever gone through. I know it is because my life is full (superfluous you might say) of other wonderful things that have distracted me...but that doesn't make these last few days of my school any easier.

Oh, and get this...I was attempting to get some stuff down from the high shelves in my room...and just like in the movies, I FELL OFF THE CHAIR. ONTO MY ANKLE AND KNEE. I feared that I had twisted or sprained my ankle, and I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. Thank goodness I didn't hurt my ankle, but for a few moments I was just like in that old commercial, "I've fallen and I can't get up..." Wow. When that happened I took it as a sign from God that I needed to take a break...and what a better break than to say "howdy" to all you all!


Ikat Print Shorts (In-Store Only)!!!
Ikat Print Shorts (In-Store Only)!!! by dinagideon featuring J Crew

Here is the polyvore. If any of you all have the shorts and use polyvore, you can grab the shorts from my items as you please!


I was walking to school this day, so bear that in mind...not the most awesome outfit I have ever worn, but certainly no "lamest outfit of the day ever," either.

I bet some of you HATE this print. And I get you, I do. I really only like it in certain pieces and on certain people. The orange Ikat is okay, the yellow is very very hard to wear, and the navy blue Ikat (as they have on the Collection dress) is GORGEOUS. I wish they made more in the navy blue and the orange, but nope, J. Crew loves its yellow IKAT!


Here is my sweet boy. You all see CW so often that I felt I needed to show Rex off a bit more. He hams it up so much his eyes disappear because his smile is so big. :) That makes me happy. I also want to point out that HE is HUGE. He is 28 months old and weighs 38 pounds and is 38 inches tall. I think we should get him into either baby ice hockey or baby Scottish gaming! What do you all think...should my son brandish a hockey puck or a caber?

Have a great couple of days. I probably won't be back until Friday at the earliest!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dina! LUVEEE those shorts with that tee! Awesome outfit! You are really a skinny minnie all of a sudden!
Your baby is adorable!

Kathy said...

These colors really look nice on you! Both of my sons started peewee hockey but only lasted one season. It was not that they did not enjoy it, ice time for the little guys was 6:00am on Sat. morning in the cold winter months! Maybe scottish gaming is a little later in the day!

Patina said...

yes, you are looking gorgeous and svelte in your outfit. i love it and the pic of rex....you both have gorgeous smiles. I am sorry about your fall. Can you please be careful and ask DH to get the things that you can't reach (smile)

HeidiG said...

Love the shorts on you - too cute!! Can't wait to see you in the crinkle flower-on-the-boob tee. :) Rex is such a cutie too!!

So sorry about your fall - it means you've been doing way too much - I always get clumsy (I mean, clumsier) when I am overdoing.

Hope the NYC trip was fun!! You found the Collection store? Squeee!!!! (must have been where you were when I called you back)

HeidiG said...

And...how many times until school is done for you?

Roxie said...

i vote both! XD

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are heeding the signs and slowing down.

I agree w/Kathy on early hours for ice time. It's crazy. However, I think every kid should know how to ice skate if possible. As a skater, I'm biased towards that sentiment.

Love the shorts on you. Will be doing a post on how me no likey (for me).

Slastena said...

Coral peach is delicious on you! Great pairing! Nat as great as pairing with Rex, of course!:) Both of you are just darling!

Emily said...

I love the shorts on you. The coral is fabulous against your skin.

Summerilla said...

I love the shorts! I saw them in stores in NYC but they didn't have my size. Actually I had a hard time finding anything in my size in NYC J.Crew stores.

Hope you're having a great summer so far!

Tippy said...

rex is absolutely adorable!! sorry to hear about your fall but am glad you are ok! good luck with everything this week, it will all come together soon :)

Marietta said...

Hi Dina, I hope you are feeling much better after your fall, and that you didn't hurt yourself.... :-(
It was so wonderful meeting you and your adorable family! I will send you the pic soon, I've been getting home late from work these past few days and I haven't had a chance to upload any of the pics from this past weekend. My nephew's Christening was great, and I got some amazing shots of him smiling! I hope you have a productive week and accomplish everything that you need to! Before you know it you will officially be done with school, and starting your extended time off with the kids! :-)

3-Penny Princess said...

Oh dear, I hope you've recovered from your fall! I have been there before as I fell down the stairs in my house (wooden, non-carpeted ones) not once but twice! I could barely crawl to the phone to call my husband. But enough about that - just take it easy and get some rest, okay?

I do like these colors on you. Melon really works well for you (as do all shades of green, orange, and yellow). Rex is such a cutie! He will be quite a lady killer one day, mark my words...

itztru said...

In addition to seeing your IRL posts (from the simple to spectacular - isn't that everyone's life?!), I most enjoy the smile that just lights up the screen when you are pictured with your family and often find myself sitting and smiling back! Enjoy your summer! P.S. And yes, I too wish J.Crew would feature more navy and orange...is the new bistro orange a hopeful sign?

dinagideon said...

Hi, everyone:

These shorts are so funny...I think they work for me because I often wear such bright colors or outrageous prints. I was nicknamed "flourescent" by a coworker for that reason...

I am glad you all liked them, and I am glad a few of you may be turned onto them...or not (Gigiofca, I look forward to your review)!

The top is so pretty and comfy. Here is my sadness about this top...I tried it on in the store and it had a silk raw-edge. I didn't buy it then and decided to buy it from jcrew.com instead. Well, it turns out that the ones sold on-line have a cotton raw-edge. Sigh. Still love it...but wish I had gotten the silk instead.

This melon is one of the only brighter colors out right now by J. Crew. What? Why shy away from citron and fuschia and poppy? Oh, well. They don't pay me so my wishes stop there...

Have a nice day, all!

P.S. I have sort of recovered from my fall...I took a couple days off from walking (sad) and I still have a bruise...but at least I didn't have to go to the hospital!

Ann said...

Hi Dina--I have these shorts and love them too. Other than the melon color, what colors do you plan to wear with them? That's where I am stumped. I have a tee in papaya and one in light champagne (sort of matches the shade in the shorts), but beyond that I am stumped. Thanks!!