Thursday, June 4, 2009

One Saturday...Two "Hot" Outfits...(5/23/09)!!!

Yes, folks, it is two-fer time again...I wore BOTH of these outfits on that sweltering hot Saturday we had here in the Mid-Atlantic on May 23, 2009. The first outfit I wore during the day when we went to my dad's house to go visit my Aunt and Uncle in from California. The second outfit is from when we went to my cousin-in-law's (Mr. Dina's first cousin on his dad's side) house to visit his Aunt and Uncle in from Florida. Two sunny states' residents visiting two separate neices/nephews in Northern Virginia on the same day. :) Good times. No, seriously...it really was good times. Love hanging with the fam. My family and his family are the best!!!


Here is the Polyvore.


Here is the polyvore in full-length. Hair is wet. Yep. Feels good to let it AIR-DRY on a HOT day!

So why did I wear the cardi if it was SO hot? Because I am super-pale and SPF only does so much. So out came the lovely cotton cardi that I have been the proud owner of since February! It did actually get to be too warm to wear it (we had BBQ outside) but when that happened, I subtly encouraged everyone to hightail it into the house. It worked...

The top is different in the polyvore. The top you see here is a MATERNITY top from Pea in the Pod by Splendid. Yeah, whatever. Fits perfect on my non-pregnant body. I think the person they made it for is not really pregnant or pregnant in a way that I have NEVER seen. Wow.

The flip-flops are actually from J. Crew (last summer 2008) and I LOVE that color. You might need sunglasses to look at them (see two pics from now for more on that).


Here is more of that top. Please excuse my bit of cami showing through. oops...

To make the fireball necklace that short, I had to clip the clasp on the necklace itself (and I ended up with a fair bit of the necklace chain down my back...).


Oh, dear reader who wanted to see the Boden sunglasses in green and for the other reader who wanted to see the Boden sunglasses case, here you go!!! I (heart) them both. The green sunglasses are meant for sunnier days more than the light brown because of the darker tint...this is why these beauties came out to play instead of the light brown ones...I love having this option! The case is REALLY big but since I have to carry a mom-bag everywhere it doesn't matter to me! I now own two of these cases (they come with every sunglasses purchase). They also have a cloth inside to wipe the lenses. I also think the print is so much fun!


There is no polyvore for outfit #2, but 'tis okay. I get tired sometimes writing my blog and the less work--the better!!!

I wore this in the evening to visit Florida family and I LOVE this outfit SO much. I will definitely do this again. SO CUTE!

Can I tell you that Rugged Wearhouse (kind of like TJ Maxx or Ross) is awesome? The tank is old J. Crew and 10 dollars. The skirt is Ann Taylor Loft and was 9 dollars. Yes, I bought two. This skirt is a 12 and fits nicely now (I can wear it lower so it isn't too mini) and a 10 for when I get to the fighting weight (8 pounds as of today...probably 10 pounds away in this pic). The shoes are the same from outfit #1. The short-sleeve cardigan is J. Crew, cotton, in lime green (Spring 2009).


Here is the outfit with no cardi. YAY! I love this color. This was a great outfit for seeing the fam on a very warm and muggy night!


Oh, you know, this is for Polyvore. And yes, I see the cami. Whatever. I can just smush that right out when I create sets in the future. It's cool...

You all have a nice afternoon. :)

9 comments:

KatyO. said...

Two great outfits! I'm so with you on being crazy pale. I made the mistake of only putting on one layer of SPF 55 the other day and drove around in my car with the sunroof open for two hours last weekend. Ooops. ;)

tm said...

oooh I like the Boden sunglasses! I am so picky about sunglasses... I've been wearing the same Calvin Klein pair for about 5 years.

Anonymous said...

Great outfits! I love the new take on pink and green! Have you tried any of the UPF Shirts from Columbia? My Dad is a fisherman and swears by them. He will fish in long sleeves and pants (in Florida) in their sun clothes because they offer such good protection, but are not hot. I have a white button down I use at the beach when I know the sun is too strong for sunscreen. Not the most fashionable choice, but skin damage isn't either!

HeidiG said...

Love both outfits. Pink & green was way cute - love the sunglasses!Any chance they are polarized? I'm a bit OCD/nutty about my sunglasses - I wear my Ray Bans religiously and only those.

ATL mini is so cute - love the print!!

Summerilla said...

oh love the first outfit. I have those same shorts and have been wondering what to pair with them. I really wish I had bought that fresca cardi I just love that print. Maybe I'll look on Ebay - do you see what you're doing to me? haha. I just want to own everything you wear because you look so fabulous it it!

Rugged Warehouse sounds great. I have one near my house and have never been, maybe I'll have to stop in next time I'm down that way. Love the tank and skirt.

Anonymous said...

I'm the one who requested the photo of the green sunglasses... thank you for posting! I'm thinking about placing my first Boden order... the 25% off coupon is so tempting. Oh how I wish they would open retail stores in the US. It's so much easier to buy when you've seen things in person first.

A said...

You've done a fantastic combination of pieces in the first outfit and I'm in LOVE with the skirt in the second outfit. What a pretty style with the vine/floral print on white!

dinagideon said...

Hi all!

These two outfits made me so happy...I don't know if this has happened to you ever...but I need to see photos before I am even really aware of the weight I have lost. When I saw these photos, it became very clear that I have come a long way, baby...

SO thank you for your comments, they are very appreciated.

Stephanie: I have not tried the Columbia shirts, but they sound like something each member of my super-pale family should consider...especially very early in the season when we are super-susceptible to the rays of the sun. Thanks for the idea...

HeidiG.: Would you e-mail me to remind me to check and see if they are polarized? I would suspect so (at the price point) but I have no idea right now...

Anon.: I am not even sure there is a Boden retail store in the UK. It may be all mail-order...but I agree, it would be AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

You look great in both outfits!