Monday, June 1, 2009

Three Outfits Worn to School (Week of May 18-22, 2009)...

These three outfits are from TWO whole weeks ago. I guess that is what happens when you combine testing (almost done) with illness (almost over, thank goodness...still yucky, but at least I can sit up straight) with raising two kids (well that is ongoing but my absolute favorite). Suffice it to say I will not spend a ton of time on each outfit. If you have questions go ahead and ask in the comments (I will eventually answer them all...promise)!

Outfit #1:

Worn on Monday, May 18th, 2009. I like this outfit in concept more than reality. I think I needed to wear a different pair of pants. I think the top and shoes work really well together, but the pants...eh. The outfit consists of:
INC Petite Small Peasant Top,
J. Crew Colored Chambray Cocktail Capris (Faded Blue Color--in store only), size 8,
J. Crew Salina Patent Flats in Peacock.

Do you all have any recommendations for pants to wear with this top? What about these faded blue cocktail capris? What would you wear with them? I have a hard time matching this blue to things in my closet!!! (It has been a long time since I have worn this color pants--it actually kind of reminds me of the denim that was popular in the early 90s--faded and cowboyish.) Thanks for all your advice...you guys give great advice!

Outfit #2:

I wore this outfit on May 20, 2009. I really liked this outfit. Definitely a winner.


Here it is in real life. I LOVE this outfit. The skirt is especially cute. I also have the fun skirt (Boden calls it this) in the white with the multi-colored flower/sun thing. BTW, the kids at school loved the skirt, too. I think teachers (especially those who teach the younger kids) should think of buying a fun skirt or two or three. Kids are suckers for these sort of embellishments. :)

Outfit #3:

Navy, Orange, and White for a Beautiful Day!!!
Navy, Orange, and White for a Beautiful Day!!! by dinagideon featuring FOSSIL watches
I really enjoyed wearing this (to SCHOOL) on Friday, May 22, 2009. Yep, I was allowed to wear shorts (Fridays are normally jeans day but at our school tailored shorts are okay, too).


Here it is on me. I walked to school, by the way. I was running late...and yep, those lovely Born shoes caused me some awful blisters when I decided to run to make sure I was on-time. For me, on-time means getting there ten minutes before school starts. I prefer to get to school 30 minutes before school starts, but when I am walking, ten minutes is fine enough. That is how late I was...I had to sprint to make it to school ten minutes before school started. My blisters are fine now...but man, they hurt for a good week.

This Boden top is a size 12 (size 8 U.S.). It was a bit large on me so I went ahead and shrunk it in the dryer. It is now the perfect size. :)

You all have a good day. Hopefully I can get one more post up before the end of today (my goals are not lofty right now...)!

11 comments:

Kat said...

All three look great on you! I love that Boden skirt. One of these days I'm going to have to order from them because they have adorable things.

I like the capris with #1, but you could also try white pants/jeans or even a black capri. I would stay away from a skirt, unless it's a pencil skirt. Love the shoes! They match perfectly!

Patina said...

i love all three outfits and think the pants go well with outfit 1. you must have really been running in those born shoes. i have 2 pair and they make my feet feel like i'm walking on cotton. glad your blisters have heeled.i am also a fan of boden. heidi, if you read my reply...please consider boden't crinkle dress. i never did a follow up but, when i wore the dress the fabic loosened up and became less stiff. it's now one of my favorite dresses. it feels so light and airy.

KatyO. said...

I really like all of these outfits. :) As far as pants for #1, you could always do black trouser pants or black capris; I'd love to see you wear white matchstick jeans with these as well! I don't know how much you love J. Crew Matchsticks, but maybe you could wear this top and try them on to see if they go together. :)

Unknown said...

All 3 outfits are adorable, as usual. I thought I recognized that first top as an I.N.C.! I just bought an I.N.C. dress in almost the same print. I'm really liking that line at Macy's lately, the fabrics feel really luxurious. I think your top would look fabulous with capris in black ...

Cate said...

i LOVE the first top. I think it would look cute with jeans or navy pants in a slimmer fit. I also love the skirt. very cute :)

kristin said...

Love the outfit # 1 shoes - great color! I think Black pants would look fabulous!

Emily said...

All 3 of the outfits are so cute! Love the skirt with the circles on the bottom. I can see why the kids love it too. I am glad to see a IRL of the Boden top. I have wanted to order it for a while but wasn't sure how it would look.I love it on you. The orange is perfect for summer.

Summerilla said...

I really love the INC peasant top, it's so fun! I just love all the fun colors you have going on in your wardrobe (I'm still lusting over the yellow top you wore Saturday).

Love all three of your outfits! I have never tried anything from Boden but I love all the pieces you have from them, I'll have to check them out!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to be pulling out the summer frocks! Most people disagree with me but I much prefer summer clothes!

dinagideon said...

Hi all: Thank you for your suggestions on which pants to wear with the INC top. I am surprised at how many of you liked that top!!! I mean, I love it, but color is my best friend and all...

I think next time I will wear it with black capris (cafe or claire most likely) and some really cute dressy sandals. Very sophisticated. And, KatyO. the white matchsticks will also be a possibility...

Patina: Heidi needs to try Boden out for sure. Heidi...Patina also wants you to try Boden. :)

You all enjoy the 2nd day of June. It sure is nice out (here, at least)!

A said...

Cute spring outfits! They all look great on you really - even the pants with the first outfit. Black or white pants would be great with it too, I think. :)