Monday, June 29, 2009

New Poll and New Comments!!!


Yeah, we are tired of you, too.


Liberty Print Fabric and Shoes equals Color Explosion!!!

So first things first, if you have commented in the past three weeks, I have commented back. The last two posts I was actually able to comment back the way I like to...with personalization. YAY!

Secondly, I am starting a new poll today..."What is your least favorite J. Crew color?" Next week I will do "What is your most favorite J. Crew color?" I think a lot of us turn to J. Crew because we LOVE the colors they use in their pieces. The problem lately has been a definite lack of punch in their clothes. We have definitely been inundated with pale sweaters and lackluster tees and wishy-washy pants and tired shoes for the past few catalogs and new arrivals.

I sort of am okay with the more "muted" tones of the pieces because I for one have PLENTY of citron but I think many of us would like for J. Crew to bring back the spice.

This poll (this week) will definitely have some of the more questionable choices of color that J. Crew has put out (including my beloved citron) but will not include neutrals (doesn't seem right to do that to a color that is a base for so many of our outfits). I will throw a couple of the odder-colored neutrals in there (especially if it is a color they sell in a top--some of these colors look awful with most skin coloring), but I will stay away from the most common neutrals, black, white, navy, etc.

That said, please do comment your least favorite color (including neutrals) if I left the choice out of my poll. Or comment if you really dislike one of my choices...happy to hear it!

Please do keep it polite. I love a color that many people hate and I get that but no personal attacks like "dinagideon, you must blind, stupid, and a bad mother for loving citron so much!" Next week we get to spread our love for our favorites, but no spreading the hate this week. My blog, my rules. :)

Have a lovely day...

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

i chose dark mushroom because...c'mon. but if i had a choice, i would have made it "bright flame" for tricking me more than once into thinking i was buying a piece that was red, but which then turned out to be orange IRL :/

dinagideon said...

Oh, I agree. I love mushrooms but the name does not evoke prettiness. I personally like the shade that dark mushroom became but yuck, what a name.

That is so funny about the bright flame becoming orange. True, true, true. :)

Oh, I should have put guava on the list simply because J. Crew's guava in the silk is BRIGHT, almost lighting up the room in the middle of the night bright...not the soft, muted color it appears as in the catalog. (Although I like this shade...talk about misrepresentation...)

math teacher said...

I picked weathered stone. While I think this is pretty sitting on a table or hanging up, on me it's very bad - makes me look like death. :) I don't wear pale colors or "non-color" colors very well.

AppGal said...

what a fun poll!

i chose shocking pink. i am reminded of my tea rose incident...when I bought the perfect fit tee in that color i was SHOCKED that it was so bright. It is a lovely color, really, but just not on me. I've never been a pink person and certainly not a hot pink person :)

can't wait for the favorite color poll...i'll be thinking until then!

when does summer school start?

melissamolasses said...

I voted for citron. I can't pull off most colors with yellow hues even though it is my favorite color.

I agree with dark mushroom as well. Looked great when the tee was on the table, but the color was horrible on me.

tm said...

I picked blush/ any other pale pink color. Just blah on me, plus I am not a fan of pink. I don't mind JC's fresh guava, though, because it has an orange/peachy tone-- and I like that it is vibrant, not blah like the nude-ish pinks.

Favorites... I guess I will wait 'til your next poll! :D

Kristin said...

I picked weathered stone. I was able to live a somewhat peaceful existence with this color until it infiltrated my beloved jackie cardigan. Seriously, a weathered stone jackie? I had to put my foot down. Maybe I'm just jealous of all the lovely ladies who can pull this off. ;) It definitely does not flatter me.

HeidiG said...

I chose melon, because it's the closest I could find on your list to cantaloupe - b/c that color is so awful on me. I would actually put their "natural" on the list, b/c I usually look good in tans, khakis, and creams, but there is something about that color that makes me just look ill.

Fun poll!!

Patina said...

sweet papaya...ewww and blech

Kathy said...

I chose the pewter because the color looks so bad on me! I have tried several items in this color because it looks so nice on the models.

Anonymous said...

Burnished olive is ewwww and blechhh!(Patina--stole your phrasing--haha)
Who wants to wear a color that looks like pea soup!!!

Anonymous said...

oops--I didn't read the whole thing through...I picked citron for the poll...I actually tried wearing it and I felt AWFUL in that color--short story short...let it go on ebay!!! C-YA!!!

Julia said...

Oh no!! I LOVE citron! haha. I can't believe it's leading in the poll! I voted for Dark Mushroom...I guess I'm just not mature enough to like the sophisticated colors. Great Poll Idea, Dina! :)

Suzy said...

Hi Dina! Happy First Day of Summer Break!

I chose dark mushroom - blah! blah! blah! and what actually looks good WITH it???? Nothing on me, that's for sure.

Great poll. Look forward to the next one!

Jerry Gideon said...

Dina,

You look great in both orange and green, regardless of the hues. I don't recall any outfit you wear, or wore even as a kid, in which anyone would think you were fashion-blind. ;)

I never cared for browns, and the mushroom color is fine for my salads, but not one I like as fashion.

Love,

Dad

dinagideon said...

Hi, everyone!

I love reading your comments. Very interesting stuff here. Citron and Dark Mushroom are battling it out for least favorite hue...who will win? I have a shirt that has both colors...very telling!!! :)

Dad...you crack me up. The brown flip-flops comment seems appropriate what with you being from Arlington. "What's with all these dudes wearing brown flip-flops?" If you don't know what I am talking about, Peter or I can enlighten you...

J.CrewJD said...

I chose Citron... and yet, today I bought the Solid Lexington Jacket in that exact color from another JCA on the weekly exchange. I have clearly been drinking WAY too much Crewlade lately!!! It is a light version of citron... but still. It was the buttons. They had me at hello.

Agree with goldenmeans on bright flame. I had the Suzannah cami in that color. Never found a time or place to wear that one; it was just too darn bright.