Friday, July 8, 2011

Boden: Sale Becomes Clearance!


Thanks to many, including Lauren Ph.D., who let me know that the Boden sale had turned into the "Clearance" Sale this morning.  I have only had a few moments to spend over at the site, but I will list a few notable markdowns, plus some of my picks for "good value."  :)

I did bite this morning, but in all fairness, I was SO comfortable in the Tropical Maxi dress that I was wearing (and still am--and was ALL DAY LONG, hot and humid notwithstanding, on the National Mall for the Folklife Festival) that when I saw the pretty purple/green version went on further reduction, I just knew it was a good idea to pick up just one more.  Add to that the glowing reviews for both the Limited Edition Broderie skirt that Kit's Mommy and Ann (hers was a comment at a BWRR) gave and the Pintuck Skirt that Egyptomaniac did a while back, AND since those both were very VERY well priced, I had to at least give them a try.  And of course, my darling kids and their mini-Boden cuteness meant that one or two of those are coming home, too.  LOL.

Quick reminder...you can access the Boden Sale site from my sidebar, or you can click on individual items through the Boden stock photos below.  Also, remember that all Boden Weekly Review Roundups are here, and that you can have a look at specific types of clothing reviews by going to this catch-all post here (I will be working on updating those posts this weekend, btw).

Shimmering Broderie Skirt
Shimmering Broderie Skirt. I decided that the midnight colorway (on Edda in the stock photo) in a size 8 would be a lovely grab for my wardrobe. The $28 price (down from $98) is insane...and based on the reviews I have seen, it appears this is like a dark horse candidate, really awesome, but not well known.

Tropical Maxi Dress
Tropical Maxi Dress. I will probably do an IRL ootd soon of what I wore today (the graphite banana color, fwiw) soon, but until then, I am 100% serious when I say this is a very flattering, comfortable, beautifully made dress. I don't even normally like maxi dresses, so take that as proof positive. I bought a size 4 regular (go smaller if you are teeny on top, trust me) in both the graphite and the purple/green. The $64 price is half off.

Pintuck Skirt
Pintuck Linen Skirt. $23. Down from $78. Wow. :) I chose to go with the brown colorway in a size 8 Long. Nice, crisp summer option when you don't want to wear shorts.

Retro Shift
Retro Shift. I received this yesterday, and will do a review soon, but quickly, make sure you follow the hip measurements EXACTLY. The 8 fits...very very well. Definitely an incentive to not. gain. weight. ;) It is a nice heavy silk cotton blend (much more substantial than any silk cotton blend than I have ever seen) and the print is beautiful, with the very subtle beading at the collar giving the dress a dainty and feminine flair. The poly lining is also thick, which leads me to think this will be a great dress for the fall! The price dropped from the sale price of $104 to a clearance price of $83. I can't ask for a price adjustment as the size 8 that I purchased is now sold out (which means it is a good thing that I bought it when I did), but if you purchased it (or any sale boden item) and your size is still available, the kind folks at Boden will credit your card or bank account (sweet!). Thanks to Lauren Ph.D. for suggesting that...and I did initially think I could get the credit, but well, there is a bit of fine print there. LOL.

Notch Neck Shift
Notch Neck Shift. I am very happy with the two I purchased at (near) full price. Seeing that it is $50 now (down from $128), that means there will be quite a few lucky ladies who will get this dress for a WONDERFUL price. (Just remember, CHECK the measurements, key to getting the perfect fit!) Lauren Ph.D. also said she is very happy that she bought it, so yay, I am glad to know that others love it, as well. :)

Breezy Jersey Tee
Breezy Jersey Tee. It is $10. 'Nuff said for all of you seeking great basics at a great price.

Cropped Cashmere Cardigan
Cropped Cashmere Cardigan. I own one or two cashmere items from Boden, and overall they are thick and lovely and very soft. I have not seen pilling, either (cough, cough J. Crew). At $69 (most colors, except the "sparkle" versions which are $72), these are half off, and if you are like me, a great cropped cardi works very well with so many pencil skirts and shift dresses, especially in the cooler months (haha, not right now for me, but maybe a few of you with companies whose policies are "ALL AC--ALL THE TIME").

Hope this has helped a few of you. Any other great deals that any of you all have seen?

Happy (Clearance Sale) Shopping!