Friday, August 23, 2013

Boden: Winter 2013 Preview Picks!

UPDATE 09/16/13: The current coupon for the Winter line is directly below this sentence.  Though it has two sweet little girls wearing mini Boden in the photo, the code is good for all items, including those from womenswear and menswear.  :-)



Well with the code PRV3 expiring tonight over at the Boden Winter 2013 Preview site, I figured I should do a picks post already.  The code may stick around for more time, like it did during the autumn preview time, but still haven't heard officially if that is the case.

If you do hear that the code has been extended, definitely let us know in the comments.  :-)

Onto the picks!

Boden:
 
Chic Tweed Shift. This sublimely tailored, simple silhouette is utterly perfect for so many different occasions...work, church, weddings, parties, you name it.  I love the grey/silver color, but the pink version is pretty special, too.  The pink and silver versions are a cotton/acrylic blend, while the black has a bit of wool in there.

 
Contrast Collar Tunic.  It's been a while since I have put a tunic in my bag from Boden.  I bought so many once upon a time, but recently I haven't been blown over by the choices.  This one, though, yummy.  Very cute and the color is deliciously bright for a rather dank part of the year.

Dorchester Dress.  I have heard from many of you that you love the explosion of pink that Boden has issued for the fall and winter, so I suspect this dress may have jumped into a few of your bags.  :-)  Good choice, it looks amazing on that model, and I think its shape will work for us less than model perfect, too.

Love the shape but not the color?  This comes in two tweedy options that are less "in your face."

Felicity Dress.  Love this sweater dress, especially the contrast black Peter Pan collar.

Do note that the sizing on the garment measurements lists some pretty teeny numbers.  The ribbed detailing will stretch, so a 26" bust becomes much larger, so I would say go with your normal Boden knitwear size and you should be fine.  (I would grab a 6 in this.)

Pleat Neck Shift Dress.  Gorgeous yellow lace version is not for sale, but you can see its photo.  Say what?

There are two floral printed versions for sale, but I want to know about the lace versions, darn it!

Ponte Broderie Tunic.  Oh, you pretty golden* tunic in a gorgeous ponte fabric, you will be mine.  I hope you fit, too, on first wearing, as I don't want to have to return you and wait for you to come to me a second time. 

*Okay, it is probably that version of golden that turns out to be green/gold, so be aware.  In other words, its color will be the same as this jacket of mine from them (last photos).

Retro Tunic Dress.  Ooh if I had no hips (or at least less of them), I would be all over this.  Someone out there buy this so I can live vicariously through you, please???

Winter Audrey Dress.  You all know I own this in two colors already (grey here and green here), so yay for new colors (including the darling polka dot versions!).  If you haven't given this dress a try, I highly recommend them.


Thea Dress.  This is a jersey dress that seems to be parading around as a more structured offering.  Yay for comfort and for the look of less comfort.  ;-)  This blue floral version is such a unique way to show off florals in the middle of winter.

Cashmere Off Duty Sweater.  I have a few cashmere pieces from Boden and without fail, they are super thick and very cozy.  This version is utterly perfect for those mornings in the fall and winter when it is grey, rainy, and cold, the antidote to the funk of bad weather.

Bistro Crop Trousers.  Well if you like your pants printed and loud, these are for you.  :)  I have a pair of Bistro Crop Trousers in a bright pink tile pattern, so I think I am good for now, but I get the allure. 

Eliza Top.  The graphic floral print on this silk/viscose top is lovely and will be a pink fix in winter while being utterly perfect for the spring. 

Ingrid Coat.  I know for a fact some of you already purchased this one since there was buzz about this coat right here on this blog.  If you liked the Mia Coat from this current crop of offerings, but want a longer, more winter-proof coat, then this lady may be the one for you.  I think I will take a chance on it, too, rather than on the Mia.

Heritage Coat.  Oh, this is a sweet little coat, the shearling cuffs and collar really add a touch of old world glamour to it.  I can't tell if the shearling is real or fake, since Boden doesn't have any copy telling us.  It is a rather expensive coat, but it has staying power since the color is classic as well as the shape.

Leather Biker.  Boden has done leather in the past, and they have often done it well.  I really love this particular version, the color is pretty cool and the details are edgy enough without being "try hard."  Good job, Johnnie and co.

Leather Pencil Skirt.  I love this skirt.  There is something really nice about an all leather pieced pencil skirt...works in a way a normal wool pencil skirt does, but with just a bit of tough girl thrown in.  I may never be Joan Jett, but I can channel her spirit in this.  (I don't have the budget for this one, sadly, but I did grab a leather hide from an on-line fabric shop and plan on making at least a half-leather skirt out of it.)

Merino Off Duty Sweater.  I have the cashmere version of this one above, but I know that the price of that one is steep.  How about it in a merino version instead? 

Notre Dame Skirt.  I am putting this one in the picks because I know that a lot of you LUUUUURRRRRVVVE the Notre Dame.  How about it in a red jacquard version?

Printed Button Back Sweater.  Like the Thea dress, this sweater's floral are so unique for the time of year.  Wear the blue flowers with pride!

Stockholm Coat.  Yeah, I have a puffer coat in my closet that has been unworn for the past THREE years.  Don't need this one, clearly.  But any Minnesotans out there can give their approval for this one, I am sure!

Stripy Stitch Sweater.  I have the yellow Hotchpotch sweater (last photo of me), and like Boden's copy states, this is a winter version of that sweater.  Honestly, the cotton hotchpotch is more than warm enough for most days of our fairly mild winters, but if you are from colder climates, have at it, since this is a really pretty take on a more masculine look.

Textured Silk Blouse.  Didn't J. Crew basically do this same top last year, but without the button front?  I missed out on that one, so I am going to try this one and see how I like it.  :-)  Anyone else doing the same?

Wool Bistro Crop Trousers.  I am buying these because I think I will like them and wear them, and based on the buzz they are receiving, they could sell out, so you may want to take the chance on them early, too.  They have a bit of elastane in them, so you probably should go with your normal size (I am going with an 8 L since some of the 10 L pieces I have purchased in the past have been too big).

Dazzling Heels.  Pretty sparkly Mary Jane heels.  Yum.

Embellished Ballet Flats.  They had these last year and as I remember it, they sold out immediately, so if you have a need (or want, really) for a pair of over the top bow flats, these may sell fast.

Soho Heels.  Nothing I need to say here.  I know that you all get it.

Velvet Sequin Clutch.  What a darling little sparkly velvet bag!  If this goes on super sale, I will buy it as a Christmas present for my daughter in the pink color.

Johnnie b. and mini Boden:
Cosy Sweatshirt Dress.  For those of us who like Johnnie b. items for ourselves, or actually clothe our daughters in it, this dress looks like it would be a great staple to have in the wardrobe, perfect for dressing up with tights and statement necklaces, but also wonderful to wear with leggings, boots, and a casual scarf.

Embellished Sweater.  Oh, come on, I know some of you Anglophiles out there are going to buy this for yourself, right?  I know I am.  ;-)

Pippa Printed Top.  The hot air balloon print got me.  Not enough to buy it, but to show you all.  Isn't this stinkin' adorable?

 
Button Pinafore Dress.  CW has this in a Scandinavian print version, and I have decided her closet needs a deer/tree/vine printed version, too.  ;-)

 
Fun Pinafore Dress.  Aw, that owl has a yellow heart on it.  So cute!

Spooky T-Shirt.  Rex doesn't know this is coming his way, but I think he will probably be digging it when it comes. 

Thanks for reading all my picks!

That's all for now.  Do you have any you would like to add?