Monday, August 5, 2013

OOTDs: Solid Summer Sundressing.


Day: Saturday, July 20, 2013.

Where:  Haircut (obviously from the last photo) and Harris Teeter (yay for grocery runs on a Saturday night--can you read the sarcasm?).

Ease of Wear: (5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Well this is a first, I believe, a full five stars for comfort.  This J. Crew jersey dress is one the most comfortable dresses in my wardrobe, but is elevated in status because it looks so darn good with barely any effort.  I wish J. Crew still did jersey dresses this well...

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  It looks good, minus the sandals I chose.  But in fairness, I was going grocery shopping.  Had I been headed out for dinner, I probably would have opted for wedge sandals.

Anecdote from the day:  I decided, last minute, to go with a bob and bangs after seeing how darling Katie Holmes and Jessica Alba looked in theirs.  (Thank you to google images and my smart phone for letting me find these in the bowels of the gym that day.)  My stylist and I decided Katie's would be too demanding for me with my lifestyle (hahahaha), so Jessica's less involved longer version would suit my life better.

Now if I could only style my hair at home as well as my stylist does it in the salon...




Day: Sunday, July 14, 2013.

Where:  Greensboro Children's Museum.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Nice and cool for the really hot/humid day it was, but the shoes weren't completely worn in yet, so they knocked the overall score down.

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Well not bad, pretty decent for a museum that specializes in keeping children amused.

The last time I showed off an outfit from my trip to NC and GA, I was asked about the bag by one of the commenters, so I thought I would mention it...the bag is the Beacon Tote, and I think if you can grab it from ebay to do so since the size/function/feel is pretty nice, especially if you have a need for a big bag.

Anecdote from the day:  Since I like big big big chairs, it was a no-brainer that I would happily jump on up into the one at the museum and take a photo with my girl.

Okay, that's it for today.  :)

BTW, I am just terrible about getting anything non-Boden up in my sidebar.  There has been a great Lands' End coupons swirling around in the affiliate program these past few days, and I totally missed it.  Anyhow, it expires tonight, but it is a decent sale promo, so I thought I would at least let you know just in case you needed something from them.  (And I promise, hand on heart, to be better about the Lands' End coupons in the future.)
Lands' End 25% off All